PDA

View Full Version : 67 camaro plans

gsmith
11-14-2005, 07:01 AM
Hello,
Im in the planning stages or rebuilding my camaro and wish to run this plan
by and see what you guys think.The car will be drive mainly on the weekends and it has a small block in it. First I was planning on rebuild the front-end, Guldstrand mod, Guldstrand slalom springs,1" Guldstrand front sway bar, 3" drop DSE rear leafs, Bilstein shocks front and rear, and later when I can get the money a good fast ratio p/s unit, and Baer super sport brakes. What do you guys think??? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. One other thing, man you guys can give a person the fever BADLY, but what a great site. THANKS AGAIN

TitoJones
11-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Don't forget a good set of control arm bushings like the Del-a-lums from Global West.
Looks like a great setup, should handle well without emptying the wallet too much.
Tyler

gsmith
11-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey thanks Tyler, I will plan on these bushings to. I have read somewhere that there was a big improvement with just the bushings along. I had forgotten about those. Thanks Again

vanzuuk1
11-15-2005, 02:38 PM
I have the three inch drops on my car , too low IMo. I have shackles on the car for now.

The gulstrand 1/2 inch sub frame bushings worked good for me also.

gsmith
11-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks vanzuuk1, Are the 1/2" frame bushings made of aluminum? I seen those in the cataloge. Thanks again.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Just something to note. If you're planning on running a T56, you may want to skip the 1/2 height body mounts, as you'll likely have to modify the tranny tunnel.

CarlC
11-16-2005, 04:36 PM
....and you may want to consider using a front spring height adjuster and spring. Landrum and ATS sell them at reasonable prices. this is a much easier setup to deal with than cutting springs.

There's info on my website.

vanzuuk1
11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
When people ask questions we should just direct them to carl and david pozzis websites, they are both awesome.