PDA

View Full Version : G Body Owner, Wanting to make the Monte Carlo handle.

Opie Knievel
10-31-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi. I'm a moderator at Gbodyforum.com. I've got an '86 Monte Carlo that I've recently started building while daily driving. The transmission went out last week and now that the car is down for a bit I've decided to start doing more research into how I want to do the suspension on the car. This seemed like a good place to learn.

Canon_Mutant
10-31-2016, 05:54 PM
Welcome . . . me too on the 442. Hopefully we can both learn a thing or seven!

Opie Knievel
11-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Welcome . . . me too on the 442. Hopefully we can both learn a thing or seven!

Cool. What year is your 442? Are you a member at G Body Forum?

andrewb70
11-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Welcome. Many of out sponsors have packages for G-bodies!!! There are also numerous G-body builds that I suggest you read through and see what people are doing.

Andrew

BMR Sales
11-01-2016, 11:36 AM
We have plenty of parts to make your G-Body handle better!

SicMonte
11-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Hello there!! Check out my build thread to see what you can do to your G Body....and feel free to ask me anything you want!!

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/67083-Project-SicMonte?highlight=sicmonte

Canon_Mutant
11-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Cool. What year is your 442? Are you a member at G Body Forum?

Yup, over there under same user name. Have an '87 442.

Got a build thread over there. May transpose it or link it over here when I get back to it.

Build is down at the moment with health issues but hoping to get back to it soon.

Mostly UMI parts, some Spohn stuff, Wilwood Big Brakes up front and drum to disk conversion in back, Eibach Pro SS, and Bilstein AKs.

We'll see what that does and make changes as required . . .

Nice build "SicMonte"

Opie Knievel
11-02-2016, 04:55 AM
Yup, over there under same user name. Have an '87 442.

Got a build thread over there. May transpose it or link it over here when I get back to it.

Build is down at the moment with health issues but hoping to get back to it soon.

Mostly UMI parts, some Spohn stuff, Wilwood Big Brakes up front and drum to disk conversion in back, Eibach Pro SS, and Bilstein AKs.

We'll see what that does and make changes as required . . .

Nice build "SicMonte"

Sorry I didn't recognize your screen name at first. I searched for you on G Body Forum and as soon as I saw your avatar I remembered seeing you on there. It's good to see a fellow member and G Body guy on here.

Opie Knievel
11-02-2016, 06:03 AM
Hello there!! Check out my build thread to see what you can do to your G Body....and feel free to ask me anything you want!!

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/67083-Project-SicMonte?highlight=sicmonte

I'm only a few pages into reading your build thread and I'm already impressed. You've got a really nice Monte. I love the flat black paint. Reminds me of an '83 Monte I used to have. I may take you up on that offer to answer questions.

SSLance
11-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Happy to see another G-Body guy wanting to make their car handle. Here is a thread that shows everything I did to make mine handle.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/98063-Need-a-little-help-figuring-something-out/page3

I'm on Stage 4 of the build now, but each stage prior is shown in detail in that thread. If any questions, just holler.