PDA

View Full Version : what spring for Ridetech Tall Spindle

jrsstoy
10-18-2016, 09:17 PM
I have recently purchased the Ridetech tall lowering spindle for my 1969 Firebird. It currently has DSE upper and Lowering control arms with Hotchkis lowering springs and Koni shocks. I wanted to know what springs I should replace the Hotchkis springs with once I install the lowering spindle in order to not get a ride that would be to low??? Any advise would be greatly appreciated

jrsstoy
10-19-2016, 08:41 AM
Would I be able to use the Ridetech coilover system on the DSE lower control using a T bar mount kit??
Don't havve the funds at the time to buy Ridetechs $$$600 lower control arm. If anyone has any info on this please pass it down thanks.

simon455
10-20-2016, 05:55 AM
Something you can try, i made shockwaves work with speedtech arms and "t" bar without major issues. Make sure t bar mounts on top of the arm not below. All depends on how long the shocks is, you can sapace it out at the the bar if the spring pocket is too deep.
I would test fit it without the spring and observe the shock with full suspension travel moving it by hand.

Chevy Kid
10-25-2016, 11:36 PM
Something you can try, i made shockwaves work with speedtech arms and "t" bar without major issues. Make sure t bar mounts on top of the arm not below. All depends on how long the shocks is, you can sapace it out at the the bar if the spring pocket is too deep.
I would test fit it without the spring and observe the shock with full suspension travel moving it by hand.

This is awesome advice!