PDA

View Full Version : G-body Led Lights

CRCRFT78
11-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Looking to put LED lights in my Malibu but can't find anyone that makes them. Anyone with any ideas? Maybe someone or a shop that can make a setup for me. Or any ideas on how to make my own setup? When is the after market going to catch up with us G-Body owners? HELP!!!!

gen3bu
11-13-2005, 04:24 PM
which lights do you want to replace with leds?

CRCRFT78
11-13-2005, 05:27 PM
I would like to change the rear taillights and the parking lights in the front.

gmachinz
11-14-2005, 03:01 AM
You need to call Marquez Design-he may be pretty busy so you might have to wait-I contacted him about doing the tailights on my '78 Monte awhile back-can't remember what he quoted me so I can't offer a price. It would have been a one-off deal with me sending him a set of lenses to work with. It would be worth it but I have not had the time recently to get back to the car for something like that. -Jabin

ProTeal55
11-16-2005, 07:35 AM
I would look into making a set yourself.

I did a set awhile back for a buddy of mine with a 1972 Pro-Street Nova. We just got an extra set of lenses , and accquired a L.E.D board online. Did alittle trimming , and wired it up. The entire lens surface was covered with dual-fillament l.e.d's from the inside. Looked pretty sick for a "homemade" job.

Came out real nice , for how much time we put into it.
Bright as hell :firefire:

CRCRFT78
11-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Would you happen to have any info regarding where I can pick up an LED board online? I considered using truck LEDs to make my own but would prefer something a little cleaner than just a quick makeup with misconfigured lights behind my lenses. Thanks.
Joe

BonzoHansen
11-16-2005, 12:24 PM
I second that, as that is exactly what I want to do to the tails on my 77. And maybe the front side markers.

AAW
11-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi. Here's a referral.
Lambert Enterprises - http://www.lambertenterprises.com/
Ron Lambert might be able to make something special for you.

If you want just the bulbs...here you go: http://www.americanautowire.com/products/Mini_Bulbs_and_LEDs.cfm

CRCRFT78
11-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the info. Thats why I love this website. Alot of cool people with alot of information ready to be passed on to those in need of it.

I think I will look into making my own lights with some of the product info passed to me. After a few pricing qoutes of course.

black67ls1
11-23-2005, 07:03 AM
What about those LED bulbs. I bought these from American Autowire. They're close to the shape of original filament bulbs, but are covered in LEDs. I haven't installed them yet. I also saw them at the local auto parts. It seems to me that a circuit board might be more susceptible to damage due to vibration. Something to think about.

ProTeal55
12-09-2005, 06:56 AM
Haven't had any issues as of yet, and the car is a warm weather daily driver, so It see's some miles in nice weather.

We mounted the board with some rubber washers , to try and take alittle vibration outta it. But , overall the whole assembly is solid..

dgumoe
12-09-2005, 08:24 AM
found a place to get the bulbs super cheap
www.superbrightleds.com
im gonna use all reds in my gages and the 6 bucks a piece autometer wants for em is ridiculous, i found em there for 89 cents each

ProTeal55
12-09-2005, 01:11 PM
WWW.SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM (http://www.SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM) is a great website.

They have killer products , for a decent price , and ship in a timely fashion. I have ordered lots of stuff from them , and have never been let down...