PDA

View Full Version : WTB '70-'73 Firebird

TerryD
09-27-2016, 06:02 PM
Looking for a solid complete car. Don't need drivetrain so doesn't need to be running. Needs to be reasonably solid and have all the interior. '73 is the preferred year but will consider '70-72 for a solid complete original car. I am in Texas so close enough to take a look is good but not a requirement. Base model, Esprit, Formula or TA. Thanks!

Zippidy
10-10-2016, 05:54 AM
I have a 73 T/A clone that is in great shape, no rust, with a lot of restoration and upgrades complete; may be to nice for what your looking for though. interior is mostly new (stock) to include the dash, paint may have a chip somewhere if you look hard enough. The only thing I haven't completed is cleaning up under the hood. I just drive it to shows so it's probably only had a hundred miles per year for the last 20+ years. The engine has an old rebuild (400) but the transmission is a newish TKO 5 speed w/ hydraulic clutch, coil over fronts w/ BMP tubular arms and new leafs in back new body bushings/ steering components.

This would be something to just drop your engine in and go. Ask $25k, let me know if your interested or want pics.

TerryD
10-10-2016, 07:39 AM
Zippidy you can PM me more info and pics if you like. I would need to sell my '72 to consider some type of purchase of yours. Would also entertain some type of trade as well if yours is nice enough to move me ahead in my build and still allow me to build with the materials I have already accumulated.

kirt70camaro
10-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Terry what's the details on yours? My friend is looking for one.

TerryD
10-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Terry what's the details on yours? My friend is looking for one.

Kirt, it's a '72. 99% original. It is a calli car that was bought and lived in Cali with the same owner for about 30 yrs. then sold to a collector in Chicago. From what I can tell he was the one that had it repainted, a very, very nice quality paint job. All of the sheetmetal is factory original. Still has the original undercoating. She shows 83k miles. I think that may be the second time around of the odometer from the documents that came with her. But you would never think that from her condition. The engine was professionally rebuilt with a very mild HO Racing Cam, balanced and blueprinted. Stock otherwise. I have documents back to the original owner. The engine rebuild was in '94 and looks to be about 30k miles since. I think for the last 15-20 yrs. she has not seen much street time. If I was to keep and finish what was started I would pull the drivetrain and detail. Do some tuning. This would easily add $10-15k to the value. I see nicely restored similar TA's going for mid $50's and up. I bought to use for my project but I just can't bring myself to desecrate such an original TA. All numbers matching.... she is the car in my avatar. Other than a set of plugs she is just as I bought her.

Zippidy
10-11-2016, 08:34 AM
Terry, I will put more pics in the FLIKR album but it will be located here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jnduda/albums/72157654373798903

In short almost everything has been replaced within the last 5 years from wiring harnesses to re chromed rear bumper. Repaint is very good but was done over 5 years ago; I rebuilt the engine around 1990 but not a lot of miles on it; TKO 5 speed is within 5 years. I just put the new dash and wiring harnesses in a few months ago as they finally came back in stock. The original could have been re-dyed but had a bit of shrinkage. Also has a cone posi unit with 3:73 gear ratio.

Have to many toys and this has just sat or been driven to car shows for the last 10 or so years. Was originally a Esprit in great shape that I transferred my T/A body over to; this was before they were worth any money. That said; I've done a lot of work and it's in a spare garage so firm within reason on the price.

MuscleRodz
10-11-2016, 05:53 PM
I have a 73 project and its located near OKC. needs quarters otherwise solid as I can tell and has most the interior.

TerryD
11-09-2016, 08:20 AM
I have a 73 project and its located near OKC. needs quarters otherwise solid as I can tell and has most the interior.

Can you send me some pics and let me know what you need for it.
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Still looking .......

MuscleRodz
11-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Can you send me some pics and let me know what you need for it.
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Still looking .......

PM me you cell number and will send some pics.

mike

TerryD
11-21-2016, 06:43 PM
PM me you cell number and will send some pics.

mike

Mike did you get my number? I sent it a while back.
Thanks

TerryD
11-26-2016, 04:03 PM
The search is still on...l if you have or know of a candidate I would be interested in looking

MuscleRodz
11-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Mike did you get my number? I sent it a while back.
Thanks

I did, sorry, will take a few pics tomorrow.

Zippidy
12-03-2016, 02:15 PM
Mine is still available if you want something closer to complete but with a full drive train.

TerryD
12-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Mine is still available if you want something closer to complete but with a full drive train.

Thanks but as nice as it is it doesn't fit my build plan/budget very well. I have all of my drivetrain and suspension/brakes already. Just too much that I don't need. A beautiful bird though!

robeffy
03-17-2017, 01:03 PM
HI, I have a 73 Firebird, think it was an Esprit. Driver, 400 SBC stroker, 4 speed, posi, 3:42 gears, complete, running, etc etc. Lowered but streetable.

Let me know if interested.

Rob

TerryD
03-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys. Picked up a '73 TA roller.