PDA

View Full Version : New site!!

dennis68
09-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Well I finished putting together my new site and premiered it last night on car chat. Since most of you %^@#$^$ have lives and don't hang out on chat you wouldn't know anything about it. Anyway, it is not done but getting there, please check it out and post feedback. I have pretty thick skin so let it fly, good, bad, or indifferent. my site (http://www.jackazzmotorsports.com/)

TonyL
09-17-2004, 07:51 PM
it looks great! the only thing i'd change is the color of the font on your main page in the photos, in the bottom photo i cannot see the text in places.

TurboLark
09-17-2004, 08:28 PM
I'd suggest maybe a bit more in depth info on the brake page. Otherwise you spend quite a bit of time fielding email questions, like the the ones i'll be sending you. :icon996:

dennis68
09-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Tony and Turbo-thanks, I fixed those items I think. Let me know.

Flynlo416
09-17-2004, 09:27 PM
I agree with tony but now that you fixed it ....Great site..The car looks great!

rocketrod
09-18-2004, 03:19 AM
First of all great looking ride. Did you build the site writing HTML or use a software packaged that assisted you with the build?

Site looks great but I would.....
Indent or center the content on all of the pages instead of left justified.
Make background color, font size/color, etc. the same for all pages. Play around with the background color especially try to find a color that really makes your pics stand out versus blending in.
On the main page after centering the text move the buttons to the top lefthand side of the page
On the main page change the font of the date/time to match the rest of the site
Add more content to the Bodywork page
Specs pages needs to be indented and convert to a bulleted list, wrap <ol></ol> around the entire list with <li></li> tags around each list item.

Once again very nice ride keep posted on your progress. :cool: I did not mean to be to critical you have a very nice site I just happen to be computer programmer and have help with the design of a few corporate web sites. That being said if you need any assistance modifying your site let me know, I'd be glad to take a look at it.

Rod

69chevelle355
09-18-2004, 07:31 AM
looks awesome!! i especially like the hidden battery now you see it, now you don't deal! good stuff
-Jay

dennis68
09-18-2004, 08:09 AM
Rod, I used pagebuilder 2.0. Pretty good software, doesn't have all the features I'd like and doesn't allow using HTML to add other features. The biggest complaint to the space I bought is that I have to leave a 2" border to the right reserved for ad's/pop ups that Yahoo uses on non-paying sites. Makes it look like the whole page is aligned to the left when it really is centered. Kinda sucks but I got a great deal on it so I can't ***** too much.

TRILOGYZ28
09-18-2004, 08:18 AM
lookin good ! :icon996:

LMAO @ the name "jackazzmotorsports" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

rocketrod
09-18-2004, 09:13 AM
Thats cool... Using an off the shelf software is much faster and easier than building by hand. Keep us posted on your progress.

Rod