PDA

View Full Version : Track Day At Willow Nov

MrQuick
09-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone was going out to the track day in November...the Sunday after the PT dinner , im thinking of stopping by and maybe getting in on the action.

KrisHorton
09-17-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm planning on going as well. Hopefully the car will be 100% finished by SEMA since the track day is right after the show. I'd like to drop by either way though.

Kris

CarlC
09-17-2004, 07:29 PM
The Pantera (big track) or Porsche (Streets) day? How do I weasel in on that action?

I believe there's also a Nov. 11 Speed Ventures outing for Streets.

KrisHorton
09-18-2004, 03:23 AM
The one I was thinking of was the one on either the 11th or 12th. Which is actually a week after SEMA.

Kris

spanky the wondermuffin
09-28-2004, 07:42 AM
any more info?ncrc has an event mon,nov.15th that i'm doing.thunderhill.

MrQuick
09-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Hey im gonna try to make that one... anymore info on that??? how ya doin J- ?

spanky the wondermuffin
09-29-2004, 07:27 AM
i've had a non stop string of troubles with the engine,then the trailer,then the tow rig.i'm cutting out my floorboards so i can do next season flintstones style.how bout you?i'll probably come down for goodguys.don't know what v-hikle i'll bring.probably my son's quarter midget and/or batcycle with side car.

spanky the wondermuffin
09-29-2004, 07:35 AM
were you asking for info on the t'hill date? ncracing.org .4 run groups.i'll sign up in low intermediate so i can also run in novice.the high intermediates can also run down one group so i should be able to run with most anyone who signs up.

CarlC
09-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Let's see if we can nail this down.

The date I'm looking at is Nov. 12, the Speed Ventures event on Streets.

?????????????????????

MrQuick
09-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Sorry Carl, we distract easily. I thought I read something going on at Willow on the 6th and 7th? I'll have to look again? You see anything?

CarlC
09-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Big track:

November 6 & 7 Pantera Owners Club of So Cal www.socalpantera.com

Streets:

1) November 6-7 Porsche Owners Club Short Track Series www.porscheclub.com
2) November 13-14 Porsche Club of America San Diego www.pcasdr.org
3) Friday at the Streets of Willow Springs; November 12th, 2004
Price: $120 ( + $30 instructor fee required for novices)

Track: Streets of Willow Springs Rosamond, CA (near Lancaster)

Timing: Transponders are available for rental.

Event Info:

The Streets of Willow Springs is a favorite short track in the Los Angeles area, popular with magazines for car tests and an excellent learning track as well. Turns are moderate-speed (35 - 70mph), making it a safe place to take your street car and find its limits. All the turns but one have wide runoff areas of well-packed dirt. This track is highly-recommended for car and driver development due to it's lower-speed, technical nature.

Track config: full track with bowl. CW or CCW? That's being put a vote here. We will be running three run groups, with five sessions per group, totalling 2.5+ hours per group. Details on the day's schedule are available here.