PDA

View Full Version : Sheet metal Brand names

z06fromhell
11-11-2005, 12:34 PM
is it true that most sheet metal for restorations (mine is a 69 camaro), is made by the same people. ive heard a company called golden legion makes just about all the sheetmetal out there. then companies like dynacorn, goodmark and oer box it up and sell it. anyone with an opinion on this id really like to hear as i am just about to make some major tin purchases and want to be as educated on this as i can.

69Nova
11-11-2005, 01:36 PM
It could be true. I have a steel cowl induction hood made by golden legion on my car and it fits perfect with no work.

Andrew Petty

toxicz28
11-11-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure if Golden Legion is a manufacturer or not, but I've heard from several people that Goodmark and GL panels are made by the same manufacturer. I am pretty sure, however, that Dynacorn is a manufacturer.

96Z28SS
11-11-2005, 10:21 PM
all sheetmetal is made by Golden Legion sold to goodmark and yearone and other retail outlets.

Rick Dorion
11-12-2005, 04:17 AM
When I spoke with Jim Barber at Carlisle, he said there was more than one. This was when we were discussing the metal on the repro verts. I've also heard that the different vendors get different quality stampings, ie. some get first pick, others may take 'blems'. I'm really not sure what the actual status is but sure would appreciate clarity in this area.

toxicz28
11-12-2005, 06:50 AM
I've also heard that the different vendors get different quality stampings, ie. some get first pick, others may take 'blems'.

Well, if that's the case, CI's pick from OER is horrible!!!
And 69 Camaro quarters made by GL and sold under the "G" name didn't impress me at all either.