PDA

View Full Version : the people that are into suspension should be reading BOB BOOLES, CIRCLE TRACK MAG

garvir
08-25-2016, 11:21 AM
BOB BOOLES (COLUMN ON TRACK TECH Q&A) thebest suspension guys around, my 1988 monte carlo is set up for road racing (WHICH IS THE SAME AS CIRCLE TRACK RACING, BUT I MAKE LEFTS AND RIGHTS), IT IS ALL ABOUT SUSPENSION SET UP. every month he has something i can use. since i have been reading his i have learned about ackermann steering, and used a little reverse ackermann to give my monte carlo zero toe in a 10 degree turn, and a 1/2 degree toe out in a 20 degree turn. plus there are some new wheel calipers to replace stock calipers that are a little bigger and better, and not a bad price. these circle track supplyers come up with some good stuff, and at a good price. I am learning about instant center now, i put my spare tire on the right side, then put my Heavy passenger seat back in the right side, this helped compensate my 165 pounds sitting in the drivers seat, which was throwing my instant center off.

i have a front toe tool that i made up that works very nice and simple, it is hooked to the rims, not the tires. you need a level on both sides, but now i have went to a laser level on each side so i can check my ackermann angles. on stock g-bodys with the stock parallel suspension, a ten degree turn will give you around 2 to 3 degrees toe out, a lot scuff (like putting the brakes on. 130953