PDA

View Full Version : Different Emblems on my '68

minendrews68
08-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Getting ready to paint my '68 Camaro, (Been a very long 9 years), I was wondering what everyone thought about putting the Z/28 grille and fender emblems on. This car is not originally a Z/28, nor do I want to try to pull it off as one, I just like the way it looks. On the other hand, I don't want to look like someone that is. I know it's my car and some will say "it's your car do what you want", I just want everyone's else's opinion. It's not something that is a game changer. Give me your honest opinion please.

thumper877
08-17-2016, 04:54 PM
U are always going to have ur purist that think it should be the way it came out from the factory. I think u should build it the way u like it. That's what makes it urs. I agree and like the Z28 emblems but that's coming from someone who doesn't have alot of stuff left that is original on my car lol

Dark Pursuit
08-17-2016, 06:17 PM
That is why they call them CLONES !! My 67 gained SS emblems in its second life, and I feel that at 350 hp and thousands in performance upgrades, it earns the right to carry them.

minendrews68
08-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys

Anthony k
08-23-2016, 04:11 PM
My 69........ Bought it and it was already a Z clone. Drives me nuts........ I want them gone.....BAD.

But also don't want to respray the car. Stuck!!!

It's your car, do what makes you happy. Had a ass clown buy wheels off me. Gave me **** for the stripes on the trunk lid

Says they didn't come like that from the factory!

I said. Well, z28's didn't come with big blocks, fuel injection, 3" exhaust, 17" wheels, 13" brakes, alpine stereo, subwoofers, corbeau seats, 5 speeds, etc. but damn man! SHARP EYE NOTICING THAT PAINT STRIPE! You must work for barret Jackson!!! Or at least watch a lot of it!!!!

He handed me my asking price and rolled the wheels away

thumper877
08-23-2016, 05:19 PM
That's freaking hilarious. I would of loved to see his face. I'm going to have to remember that

camrat68
08-24-2016, 03:24 PM
My 69........ Bought it and it was already a Z clone. Drives me nuts........ I want them gone.....BAD.

But also don't want to respray the car. Stuck!!!

It's your car, do what makes you happy. Had a ass clown buy wheels off me. Gave me **** for the stripes on the trunk lid

Says they didn't come like that from the factory!

I said. Well, z28's didn't come with big blocks, fuel injection, 3" exhaust, 17" wheels, 13" brakes, alpine stereo, subwoofers, corbeau seats, 5 speeds, etc. but damn man! SHARP EYE NOTICING THAT PAINT STRIPE! You must work for barret Jackson!!! Or at least watch a lot of it!!!!

He handed me my asking price and rolled the wheels away

Love this!!!
I bought my 68 with Z stripes and a 250cid straight -six.
Got SS stripes now because Stock Sucks. :P

Jim

nats68
08-25-2016, 12:54 PM
My wife wants me to put all the original emblems on the car after it's painted. Including the 250 emblems on the fenders despite the fact that is long gone
and replaced with an LS3. I might just to please her and mess with people at shows.

minendrews68
08-25-2016, 03:39 PM
My wife wants me to put all the original emblems on the car after it's painted. Including the 250 emblems on the fenders despite the fact that is long gone
and replaced with an LS3. I might just to please her and mess with people at shows.

Look like a sleeper that way!