PDA

View Full Version : Project Agent "P" 64 F100

ANIMOSITY
08-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Bought this truck stock a while back and am now able to get started on it. Had to sell my Cobra (96 with a D1 Procharged Built 5.4 Navi motor) to help pay for my daughter collage. I bought this to fill the VOID in my garage as well as my desire to build. It seems that since I got it I am noticing a bunch of these in the same color being built. Due to the color, I naming it after Perry the Platypus from the kids show Phienius an Pherb. The truck was basically stock when I got, but in need of some rust repair work. The front cab mounts were gone. The plan is for my son and I to build a descent handling truck with mild power, and take a DA to the paint and clear coat it. Not sure what will power it yet, was thinking a coyote or a 7.3 Powerstroke, jury is still out. So far I have a custom frame that was built for a 01 Ranger to lay rockers; it was in a storage locker that went unpaid for and the storage facility sold it to me. Had to take 12in out of the center of the frame, but for the most part the cab mount brackets almost line up perfect. Yesterday I picked up a 8.8 rearend from a 2104 Mustang GT and am planning on building a truck arm susp.

Restomod
08-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Im liking your plan so far, total score on the frame! Was it for a ext cab ? Hard to imagine a ranger is longer than a f100.....

Centerforce
08-11-2016, 04:37 PM
We are subbing this one for sure! Are you planning to run bags and lay it out?

ANIMOSITY
08-14-2016, 11:12 AM
The frame was for an ex cab ranger. The storage locker had the entire truck (in pieces) in it. But the frame was all I was interested in; cost me only $800 plus the gas to drive into St Louis to get it.
I am planning on bags, but it will be a project to get it to handle the way I want it. I know its a totally different animal, but I built a bagged 92 F350 dually and it handled good for what it was, but it sucked in turns.
Just got back from picking up my new trans for the project. The guy that sold me the rearend, sold me the 6 speed from his 14 mustang for $400.that was to good to pass up. If I dont use it in the truck I can always flip it and make money off it.

Motown 454
08-14-2016, 11:48 AM
It looks like you have a nice build going here. Going to be interesting to watch.

Jetfixr320
08-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Glad you decided to build it. I kept looking at it when you were trying to sell the F100 on Craigslist. LOL

ANIMOSITY
08-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Yeah I decided to pull a NIKE! and just do it. I'm kind of in a pinch with it, I have to get it as a roller ASAP, as I have a 67 Fastback coming out of paint next month and have to get the F100 ready to roll, to move to storage. I will prob start a build thread on that soon.

So today, I decided that instead of building a truck arms susp, I will use the stock mustang control arms. I figure that Ford has high paid engineers designing that setup, and it works good, so I will just stick with that. Also, there are plenty of aftermarket companies selling track style adjustable control arms, so once this is done I can upgrade to them.

I used some 2x4 (wood) to mock up the lower control arm cross member. Once I have this worked out I will build it out of metal.

ANIMOSITY
11-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Got my brackets water jetted, and finally got time to tack up the crossmember. The crossmember isn't tacked to the frame yet. I'm going to finish welding up the brackets and dress them up a bit. Once I get time I will true up the crossmember and tack it in. Then hang the frame on the rotisserie and finish the welding, prep and paint it.