PDA

View Full Version : TCI 4 link and subframe opinions?

Travis104
08-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Hello,
I have a 68 Camaro that is going to get some much needed work. I have been looking at DSE and Hotchkis lowering leaf spring kits, then found the TCI 4 link that seems like a great price. Does anyone have a review on the 4 link and/or complete subframe?

Thanks,
Travis

F-Body International
08-02-2016, 06:54 PM
DSE has been involved with making subframes and link suspension for a bit of time so that wouldn't be a bad choice there. I've been hearing from a friend recently that cars with DSE link suspension are very competitive on the race tracks. He's very much into the autocross, circle track and road race scene. Just realize that if you go with link suspension, typically those installs need fabrication/welding/cutting. I would, however, contact Pro-Touring F-Body if looking for some good input on building a budget high-performance leaf spring suspension. Dave seems to have a good handle on the early cars and leaf spring suspension setup over there.

TheJDMan
08-03-2016, 02:44 PM
You did not say what you intend to do with the car. Do you want to autocross, track days, canyon carving, street? If we know how you intend to use the car we can give you a much better suspension recommendation.

Travis104
08-03-2016, 03:51 PM
It will be more canyon carving mostly, but would like to do some autox from time to time. The nearest autox is almost 3 hours away (one way). Car will have a built 383 stroker and Muncie 4 speed.

TheJDMan
08-03-2016, 05:26 PM
I would recommend you take a look at the RideTech Street Grip system. The complete kit runs around $2500 for everthing or you can buy it a little at a time as your budget allows. Two pieces of advice, 1. DO NOT buy suspension parts off ebay! A cheap price almost always means China parts. 2. DO NOT mix and match suspension parts from different manufacturers! Buy a suspension kit from a well known manufacturer that is designed and engineered to work as a system.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/streetgrip

Travis104
08-03-2016, 06:39 PM
For front suspension I am leaning toward this setup:

http://totalcostinvolved.com/products/1967-1969-chevy-camaro_custom-ifs/

I was initially going to buy a stock replacement subframe because mine is dented at the rear and looks kind of rough. I also need the disc brake upgrade, so this seemed to be a complete kit and seems like a decent price for everything you get.

F-Body International
08-03-2016, 06:58 PM
All the crazy aftermarket frames and link suspension look nice but if you're just building it to be a canyon carver and for the occasional autocross, a leaf suspension and the stock subframe will do. DSE also makes leaf spring suspension kits as well so check that out.