PDA

View Full Version : 1gen ridetech 4 link upper brackets

rallystyle
07-31-2016, 03:18 PM
so i am installing my ridetech 4 link in my 69 camaro. the upper link brackets dont fit the curve of the axle tube all that well in my setup. is this normal? if you have run into this what is the best way to go about fitting them correct. i am using the jig in the kit to keep the bolt level with the housing as the directions state. as you can see in the pic. the front and rear do not touch the tube. the axle is a speedway 9in

Josh@Ridetech
08-01-2016, 05:42 AM
You could fill the gap with weld but I'd like to see the gap closed up a little more. You could radius the tabs more to help the fitment as well.

bret
08-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Our brackets are contoured to fit a 3" diameter axle tube. It looks like your tube is a bit smaller in diameter. Not a terrible problem...60 seconds with a grinder to make the radius deeper will fix it. it will have no significant effect on the position of the mounting point.

rallystyle
08-03-2016, 04:52 PM
thanks for the replys bret and josh. the axle is a speedway i got from ron sutton. should be 3” O.D. x .188” Wall 1020 DOM Axle Tubes

Mark Antrim
08-04-2016, 09:15 AM
I had to radius mine too to get a better fit. My tube was 3 inch but it's not a big deal.