PDA

View Full Version : Second Gen Fbody header options w/Poncho engine

TerryD
07-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Anyone have any pics of their 2nd gen bird headers? Looking for ground clearance info.
My build has round port heads. The Dougs headers are supposed to fit the best from what I'm told.....concerned about how low the collectors will be.

Thanks all!

Doug1
07-28-2016, 07:03 PM
I've built several second gen Ponchos. It all depends on how low you have it. Some people use the Ram Air Restoration manifolds but the best bet is Doug's or Hooker and then you may have to cut them and shorten them to tighten them up close. I get them where I want them and then send them to be coated afterwards.

For my current build I was pretty lucky and ended up with a set built by a place called Tribal Tubes. Long story there but I had ordered them years back and paid for two sets. I believe I will actually get the second set one day because the guy is trying to make things right to the people he owes. If I ever get them I'll put them up for sale.

Build is in detail here..
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=51065

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2016/07/A0E917E478784918A67072DA425F047E_zpsk10l-1.jpg

TerryD
07-29-2016, 05:08 AM
Thanks Doug. Actually I have a set of the Tribal Tri-y headers from Ron. I was planning on using them. Then yesterday I got a call from Butler telling me that they were using a 4/7 swap cam. Talked to Ron and he advised me that the headers have the wrong tubes paired for a 4/7 swap. So, looking at the options before I have Ron build a new set. If you know anyone looking for a pair of Tribals I have a set available. Love your build!

Doug1
07-30-2016, 07:34 AM
Can you PM me Ron's contact info? He called a few months back and said he was sending my second set but they never showed. I want to see if he can upgrade me to some 3" tubes instead.

Looking forward to seeing your build! Never enough Poncho's out here!

F-Body International
07-31-2016, 07:46 PM
I might be interested in the headers TerryD. Are they round port or d port?

TerryD
08-03-2016, 05:24 PM
I might be interested in the headers TerryD. Are they round port or d port?

They are round port, brand new, never installed. Just received them 2 weeks ago.