PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Daily Driver of some sort

The Stig
07-19-2016, 06:00 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure where to start so I guess I'll start with... The tuner bug is out of my system and it's time to go back to the American V8. I'm selling my 2015 STI and I should get around 35k for it (let me know if you'd be interested in a trade before I sell it!). I'd like to stay around that amount, definitely not much higher than 55k or so, less is always better. I'd like for my next car to be a Chevy/GM because, well almost all the cars I've owned are Chevy. I wont turn down anything though, trucks included. I live just outside Atlanta, GA so A/C is almost a must (if it's a good enough deal, I'll install the A/C myself). The only cars I'm really not interested are a 1970-72 Chevelle and a 67-68 Camaro because I've already got a 70 and a 67 respectively parked in the garage.

I'm interested in anything, and I really mean that. I've looked at a '67 continental convertible and I've looked at C7 stingrays pretty consistently... you might say I'm not too sure what I'm looking for. It just needs to be able to be the daily driver. If it's a cruiser, it needs to be comfy, if it's lacks leather seats, power options and a radio, it needs to be quick. It will need to pass GA gas emissions if it's 25 years old or newer (I believe is the rules in GA). Paint can be scuffed, chipped, scratched...not there... its a daily driver so its gonna get scraped a little bit. Plus if youve ever driven in Georgia you know that the blind would make better drivers than the morons who get behind the wheel here. Show room quality, while nice, is irrelevant here and i will not pay a premium because the car was sprayed by the "da Vinci" of our time. Thats the truth, id rather have a car i can go to the track on the weekend to have fun in.

Text is preferable five o five 670 !#%% you should be able to figure that one out; or email me: mwolstein at rhymes with baloo.com. The website's name is also an interjection; thank you School House Rock for that one!

Cars I'm really interested in more or less in order:
C7 Stingray preferably in white
2nd gen CTS-V wagon, coupe and sedan not out of the question
1956 Bel-Air convertible
Pontiac G8 GT/GXP
64-67 GTO
1st gen Mustang
Barracudas/Cudas- especially a 70-72 although I can't afford one that runs probably
I don't know...things that go fast...
Things that don't go fast, but are just cool
Unique rides?

Automatic or manual, I don't mind either. Also, I won't turn down 4 bangers or a V6 if I get to keep some money to put into my Chevelle, but they will need some uniqueness to them.

I'm willing to buy a 1-way/round-trip ticket to the city you live in, assuming you give me a ride to the car or better yet pick me up in it and it's got to be on the weekend; so guys on the west-coat please don't hesitate to send me your rides. I don't have a passport, sorry Canadians, you'll have to meet me in a city in the US; unless the rules are different than what i think since it's only Canada and I've never traveled outside the US.

Any questions feel free to reach out! I'll update this pretty constantly.

Thanks,
Mitch- The guy who has no clue what he wants....