PDA

View Full Version : Holley EFI Mounting Location for Dominator ECU & 7" digital dash in 1st Gen Camaro

rocketrod
07-18-2016, 05:46 PM
I am contemplating switching over to a Holley EFI with a Dominator ECU and 7" digital dash. The first order of business is to determine where to mount the enormous Dominator ECU (approximately 6" x 13"). I am leaning toward mounting it in the engine bay on an inner fender well. Where is everyone mounting this monster?

Regarding the 7" digital dash. I already have a DSE dash full of Autometer gauges which I am not parting with. Is it feasible, or even usable if I mount it on my center console?

Any and all suggestions/pics regarding mounting solution or switching over to Holley EFI would be appreciated.

andrewb70
07-18-2016, 06:30 PM
In the Cougar I welded studs to the inside of the glove box door and mounted it there. I prefer for the ECU to live inside the passenger compartment.

I also have the 7" dash. I use it for all the gauge functions. If you mount it in the center console, what do you plan to do with it?

Andrew

rocketrod
07-20-2016, 04:16 PM
In the Cougar I welded studs to the inside of the glove box door and mounted it there. I prefer for the ECU to live inside the passenger compartment....

If I go Holley EFI I will probably put it in the glove box, but I would prefer some place else......

...I also have the 7" dash. I use it for all the gauge functions. If you mount it in the center console, what do you plan to do with it?
Andrew
I initially planned to use the dash to tune the engine, but the software upgrade for the dash to do that has been delayed. I will probably just forget about it as I can't see selling all my gauges and hacking up my DSE dash to mount the digital dash.

quarterbooty
07-26-2016, 03:24 PM
I've had my Dominator mounted to the backside of an inner fender for a couple of years with no ill effects. Due to the length of the ECU and the curvature of the inner fender, I had to make some standoffs to mount it.