PDA

View Full Version : How much time?

96Z28SS
11-09-2005, 02:34 PM
How much time should it take to replace both quarter panels and outer wheel houses?

Just trying to get estamites cause I don't want to be in a position where I'm held hostage at the body shop.

ViperBlue68
11-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Goodluck! Carry a Big Stick and speak soflty....and if all else fails :box: :machine: :box: :machine: :box: :machine:

68protouring454
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
usually it takes anywhere from 10-14 hrs per quarter, and 2 hrs or so for outer wheelhouses, some guys can do them quicker, i know i estimate around 12-14 when i do one . and a few for the inner.
goodluck, just make agreement on paper with shop, and note when money is do and how much and exactely what is done, so you know what o exspect from the shop and the shop knows what to exspect from you.its alot easier to talk about it up front then in the middle of a pissin match
jake

toxicz28
11-09-2005, 03:48 PM
There are alot of factors that would determine that, so a little more detail would be needed. I'm guessing that this would be on your 69 Camaro, right? Is the car complete, ie. is the interior, back glass, wheelwell mouldings if any, quarter louvers, etc? These are all things that would get factored into the labor time of the job. If "the book" says 10 hours (just a round #), not all 10 of those hours are on metalwork alone. All of the items, plus more, need to be removed and reinstalled to to the job. When you go for an estimate, make sure it's in writing, with a length of time that the estimate is "good" for.

96Z28SS
11-09-2005, 04:07 PM
There are alot of factors that would determine that, so a little more detail would be needed. I'm guessing that this would be on your 69 Camaro, right? Is the car complete, ie. is the interior, back glass, wheelwell mouldings if any, quarter louvers, etc? These are all things that would get factored into the labor time of the job. If "the book" says 10 hours (just a round #), not all 10 of those hours are on metalwork alone. All of the items, plus more, need to be removed and reinstalled to to the job. When you go for an estimate, make sure it's in writing, with a length of time that the estimate is "good" for.

Well thats what I wanted to know cause the car is a complete shell right now. so no labor is needed to take mouldings and such stuff off.

GBodyGMachine
11-09-2005, 04:10 PM
If you do it yourself, a couple of days per side if you work nonstop 10 hr days. Thats how I did mine.

JEff

96Z28SS
11-09-2005, 04:58 PM
I would try and do it my self but I'm afraid things might not line up perfectly. I want it done right.