PDA

View Full Version : New guy to this forum

my68cam
07-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Im new to this forum. I hoping I chose the right one to join. As I'm going to completely redo my 1968 Camaro. I have restored many classic cars. But that's the thing, restored back to how it came off the line. As I did to this Camaro. But now I'm looking to do it all over again only this time fuel injection, completely redo the suspension and brakes and make this car into one bad ass, track ready, street machine that I could drive across the USA if I wanted to. Hopefully you guys can help me with all the aftermarket questions and concerns I'm going to have. :)

TheJDMan
07-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Well, I think you have found the right place and Welcome! Spend some time reading the project updates and see what other members are doing and have done, what works and what doesn't. Do the necessary research to become an informed buyer and then decide what will work best for you, your budget and the way you want to use the car. When I started my project I spent the better part of a year just reading, researching and asking questions before I ever purchased any parts. You will find we have some seriously knowledgeable experts here that are always willing to help. As you are doing your research, one of the first questions you will need to decide on is whether to use your stock subframe or go with an aftermarket subframe.

Two pieces of advice I would give you are these. 1. DO NOT buy any suspension parts off ebay! Most of it is no name Chinese made junk that there is no way to know if it will work as advertised or not. 2. DO NOT mix and match suspension parts from different manufacturers. Pick a reputable manufacturer from among any of our great forum sponsors and use their suspension kits which are designed and engineered to work as a complete system.

my68cam
07-06-2016, 04:04 AM
Thank you. Your Camaro looks awesome. I am a huge fan of good quality parts. I'm not a fan of eBay. I only want to do this build once lol. I know I'm not the first guy to do this type of build so I'm looking forward to seeing all the different options and routes available for this build.

Josh@Ridetech
07-07-2016, 10:40 AM
Welcome! :)

PowerFreak
07-08-2016, 04:11 AM
Welcome from a fellow newbie