PDA

View Full Version : Almost done! 69 SS "Extreme-G"

Nine Ball
09-17-2004, 09:44 AM
I've been busting ass nightly to get the '69 completed by the end of September. If things go smoothly, I might have it done in about a week's time.

Remaining items:

Install fuel tank level sending unit
Install complete EFI fuel system (inline pump, regulator, lines)
Install complete dual 3" exhaust system
Install complete interior
modify factory cowl hood to clear intake tube on supercharger (easy)
Install supercharger intercooler tank/pump system
Install electric radiator fan
Fill all fluids (car is completely dry). Oil, Tranny, rearend, brakes, coolant, etc...

Dyno tuning with wideband O2
alignment
slight paint repairs (chips, scratches, etc.. from working on it)

Thats it!

I'll be towing the car to Year One's Commerce Challenge event (Oct 8-10) for the project's official debut. Johnny Hunkins from Popular Hotrodding is planning on shooting the car that Saturday. It will be nice to drive this car with its new LS6 engine and suspension parts. I've built 95% of this project by myself in a 1-car apartment garage, in just less than a year now. Recently moved to a new house and have alot more room:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

More photos to be added to the site soon! www.ExtremeG.net

Tony

colt zantop
09-17-2004, 11:30 AM
that car is looking awesome. cant wait to see the finshed product!!

colt45

jonny51
09-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah looks great!I have a feeling the hockey stick is going to get real popular.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-17-2004, 02:40 PM
Looking good, Tony!

zbugger
09-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Looks awesome Tony!!!! Can't wait to see it on the road!!

CarlC
09-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Lookin' good Tony!

Did you have any fitment issues with the Mangacharger and the hood?

Steve1968LS2
09-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Lookin good Tony :)

Im jealous that your car is so close and mine is so far away.. since this season was screwed I slowed it down.. I should have mine back in 2 weeks (ish) and then I have to do the interior..

Looks VERY good.. I bet your more than just a little bit excited huh?? :D

Flynlo416
09-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Building a car in a 1 car garage is a chore.(not to mention the bit***n neighbors) But too build a car of that calibure is a feat in it'self !! Great job Nine. Have fun at the commerce challange and get some good pics so we all can see!

Nine Ball
09-18-2004, 06:14 AM
Here are some pics snapped this morning. I fab'd the custom intake tube out of 3.5" exhaust tubing, welded it up, ground the welds smooth, and had it polished and chrome plated. Came out sweet!

http://users.ev1.net/~ynot_dv8/69camaro/website/graphics/intake1.jpg
http://users.ev1.net/~ynot_dv8/69camaro/website/graphics/intake2.jpg
http://users.ev1.net/~ynot_dv8/69camaro/website/graphics/intake3.jpg
http://users.ev1.net/~ynot_dv8/69camaro/website/graphics/intake4.jpg

The engine is now DONE!

67Sally
09-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Tony, The car looks fantastic.

How did you resolve the hood clearance issues?

Nine Ball
09-18-2004, 09:18 AM
I resolved the hood issues by sending the previous supercharger back and Magnacharger was nice enough to swap me out with one of their more current low-profile intercooled setups. Its based on the new GTO supercharger kit. I will have to make a small 4" by 6" cut on the underside hood brace in front of the cowl area to let the throttle body to clear the hood. Thats it! The rest of the setup fits just fine.

Nine Ball
09-25-2004, 06:54 PM
As of 8:59 tonight (Saturday), the car is ALIVE! I just finished the fuel system today and gave it a crank (with fingers crossed!) and it started up on the first try! Damn this car sounds pissed off, its sure to scare small children.

Hopefully I'll have the car tied up and road ready in less than a week. I'm STOKED!

Its Budweiser time my friends!

Tony

Ralph LoGrasso
09-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Congrats, Tony! When are you going to get it tuned? Get that thing to the track, I want to see some numbers!

awr68
09-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Sweet!!!! It's been a long time coming...we need video with sound!!! :)

Hey this is big 900 for me...look out Ralphy I might catch up...yeah right!! :)

Nine Ball
09-26-2004, 06:05 AM
I don't have a video camera, but I am able to record sound clips. Here is the car starting up!

www.ls1tech.com/69Camaro/69startup.wav

I'll have it dyno tuned this week. Car also needs an alignment and Cal-Trac bars adjusted.

firebird68
09-26-2004, 09:38 AM
I met you on the Power Tour. Your car looks great. I am going to try and get to the Year one show to see it. My car was shot by Johnny and is in the November issue of PHR - It does a great job.

awr68
09-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Tony that sounds real good!!! Thanks!!! What are you doing for exhaust?

CAMAROBOY69
09-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Looking great Tony!! Congrats on doing the work yourself. A lot of us here know the hard work and commitment involved when you dont pay someone else to do all the work for you. I asked in your other thread about the hood issues but after reading this post my question is answered.

Nine Ball
09-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Tony that sounds real good!!! Thanks!!! What are you doing for exhaust?

Stainless Works longtube headers
Stainless Works dual 3" exhaust with X-pipe and stainless turbo mufflers

Its LOUD, even with mufflers. I'll get used to it :seizure:

firebird68, it was good to meet you and check out that car in person! I'd like to do a 67-68 Bird sometime for another project.

kmracer
12-31-2004, 09:06 PM
hhaha was just featured in phr.... cool car *high 5* :yum: