PDA

View Full Version : FNG from Central Texas!!

Rockett
06-08-2016, 08:36 AM
Howdy all!!

More links than I can count have led me here. Don't know why I never registered. I'm a longer time lover and builder. Mostly street machines and straightlined race cars. I enjoy welding and fabbing up anything and everything. I have a hard time not messing with stuff haha. I have 2 projects of my own that my fiance and I tend to when we have time. Most of the time they are backburnered for customers cars. I have a 1969 C10 swb short bed that will be of the prostreet nature when she finally sees the road again. My '97 Z/28 is mostly a daily breed of car. Lots of bolt ons and suspension make it fun to drive. My fiance has a '99 B4C camaro ( police pursuit car to those who don't know), and a 1995 firebird thats stripped and ready for go fast goodies. Not enough hours in the day...

The last 2 years or so, I have found myself working on more and more road race cars. mostly SCCA ST classed cars. This site has had great insight to the issues I have run into, however it's not until now that I find myself signing up. I have found a multitude of knowledge myself in the last couple years and I finally feel like I can contribute to the great builds and questions that come up here. Thanks members for making a great site like this possible!!

- Kris

CliffsBlueCamaro
06-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Welcome! I'm right up the road from you in Georgetown. What's the name of your shop?

Rockett
06-09-2016, 05:44 AM
Hey there!!! Thanks!! Glad to have finally made it!! I'm closer down the road than you think!! I live in Liberty Hill!! No brick and mortar anymore.... for now at least. My fiance had a shop off of Bagdad Rd in Leander for a few years. We have kept our customers flowing since even without the shop. Most of the cars were of a more dedicated nature, yet others are fun street cars. We do it all really. a good amount of LS swaps and superchargers, heads/cam swaps or even simple spring install or maintenance. We have found ourselves getting into some restorations but the lack of space is snuffing that fire out until I build something more substantial to accommodate such builds. Dying to jig up a tube chassis one day...

What about you? Thats a good looking Camaro!! I'm sure I've had to have seen it around!

CliffsBlueCamaro
06-10-2016, 06:32 AM
That's awesome! Good to know there is some more "skill" in the area. I might be PM'ing you in the near future.

My Camaro is pretty basic, but I'm proud of her. Its been down for about 8 months now waiting on a T56 swap that I'm just now getting around to...lol.

Rockett
06-15-2016, 07:23 AM
Happy to assist any way I can!

Have any pics of her? Ya, thats always how it goes, one thing will lead to another too, just wait (If it hasn't happened already hahaha). Whats trans was in it before?