PDA

View Full Version : Sheet Metal Fabrication

NIDDLE
05-31-2016, 09:59 AM
Been a lurker for a while now just cruising around looking through build threads and what not. Reason for this post is I need a nudge in the right direction for body/fab shop that does panel replacement and/or repair. I am having a tough time finding more than just a couple shops here in the Bay Area, CA. It's either a "body shop" that only does insurance work or "fabrication shops" that don't do sheet metal work so much. I have searched using a plethora of key words and phrases and cannot seem to hit exactly what I need.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If this post is in the wrong place let me know and I will remove it.

NIDDLE
06-01-2016, 10:32 AM
A little more info. I am on the peninsula in Millbrae. The car is a '65 Chevelle that is in surprisingly great condition, big reason I purchased it. I am going for the "Pro-Touring" theme, corvette type handling but muscle car styling. I mini tubbed the chassis using an ABC Performance kit, with a few tweaks, got the body back onto the chassis over the holiday weekend. I am now looking to do the sheet metal portion of the task (which I am not at all good at and from past experiences have learned it takes a special person with a lot of patience to do a good job, and have saved money accordingly).

What I need specifically:

-Media blast body, something I can hunt down and accomplish without needing to invole a shop...
-Epoxy primer entire body after blast
-Trunk floor replaced, it was one of the only spots where there was rot
-New inner and outer wheel tubs installed, mods to the outer tubs to gain a little more clearance for a slightly larger tire (every 1/4" counts!).
-Repair the wheel openings on the quarter panel
-Fix any unforseen rot while working on the back half
-ABC firewall smoothing panel
-Touch up any bare metal

That would be what I hope to complete, pending the price quoted for the work. (I attached some before and after photos to give a visual)

mikey
09-21-2016, 08:58 AM
I wish that you were closer I've got a empty space for another job