PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with Billet Specialties Wheels

Patr
05-08-2016, 09:07 PM
I had already measured rear wheel back spacing for my 69 camaro stock width axel and came up with 5.25 . I called billet specialties for front wheel back spacing advise. After talking to them I filled out there measurement form and faxed info to them. I also included rear measurements to confirm my back spacing. When they replied they advised 6 inch backspacing. I called to question this and then he said 5.75 would work. Since car has been around for nearly 50 years and they are the experts i ordered the wheels. The tires rubbed bad on inner fender frame side. I called them and they offered to re rim wheels if i pay all costs. then they sold me .25 inch spacers and sent me wrong diameter. Tires still rubbed. I ordered correct diameter .50 inch billet specialties wheel spacers from summit my self and now back spacing is 5.25 inch no rubbing at all. I moved .25 inch spacer to front with no issue so front could have also been moved out. I should have trusted my own measurements. wheels are nice quality but customer service not so much.

Schroeder
05-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Good to know. Thanks for the info and insight.