PDA

View Full Version : Northern newbie

Fuel
05-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone !
I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time but I didn't want to post anything since my last two project were not really pt oriented. In fact, I always wanted a 69 camaro but never considered myself worthy of owning one since I have very little experience in fixing motors or doing bodywork...

I'll spare you the crapy story but I haven't had the chance to learn from a family member or a friend like most of us, car junkies. But that doesn't have to stop me right!?!?

So here I am looking to find my next car, or should I say project!? I look for a first gen camaro which is not particularly affordable around here so a Chevy II might just do it... My wife would like a convertible but I'd rather spend that extra money on parts (not to mention the structural rigidity!)...

Any advice on what to plan before beginning such a project is welcome

raustinss
05-28-2016, 09:35 PM
Whoa whoa whoa ...2 mins for roughing ...I'm Canadian as well and I can't read the language of LA Belle province.

Welcome my friend to the east

Fuel
05-29-2016, 05:01 AM
...I'm Canadian as well and I can't read the language of LA Belle province.
I can't understand either! Nothing he wrote seems to make sense... Unless he forgot to add a sentence or two ;)

raustinss
05-29-2016, 10:16 AM
It's because you guys over there use that French Canadian instead of real French lol not that I understand any of it ....took it for one year in high school ,barely passed lol

Fuel
08-22-2016, 03:19 PM
After a summer full of...nothing car related, I'm back at it! Just bought a 6.0L L76 block that I'll start to build while still searching for the right project car.
Plans are for a little stroker with ls3-l92 heads and ls3 intake... D.O.D and VVTdelete. Not yet decided on cam but interested in those from Mast Motorsport.
It's good to finally get my hands dirty!

I guess that sooner or later, I'll have to get an engine so I jumped on this opportunity to buy an aluminum block

Fuel
08-27-2016, 01:25 PM
Spent the afternoon cleaning my new #823 heads