PDA

View Full Version : electrical help please

mtuck
11-06-2005, 06:11 PM
I am having a lot of trouble with my electrical system. I have a 67 Camaro with the RS package. I am having a few issues that I can not seem to pin down. The major problem I am having is, that when i start the car it pop's the fuse I have on the fuel pump. The car will run for about 3 seconds before this happens. I have also noticed that the amps on my volt meter peg out. I have checked every wire i can see and can not find anything grounded out. I have also changed the voltage regulator and that did not help. I have also noticed that all the lights in the back have popped the bulbs. The other problem which maybe related is when i put my foot on the brake pedal, my dash lights come on. I was thinking that this might just be a grounding issue.

Any advice you might could give me would be great. This has me so confused and upset. Because before i sent the car to paint it ran just fine.

Matthew

69CamaroRacer
11-06-2005, 09:14 PM
I am no electrical wizard but it sounds like u have a major short.

jpdeuce
11-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Sounds like you have piched the rear harness somewhere and have a short.

shep
11-07-2005, 07:44 AM
You have a short between your brake light circuit and your light circuit. Start by taking out the tail light bulbs and see if the dash light still come on when the brake pedel is pressed. If not then it is in the bulbs or sockets. If it still lights up the dash it is in your harness, check for any pinched or chaffed wires. The fuel pump could be related ar it could be completly seperate. Is it wired with a relay or just a fuse?