PDA

View Full Version : Sequential EFI systems for early V8s

gator68428
04-13-2016, 10:05 AM
I am in the market for a fully sequential multi port EFI system for another one my Pontiac engine builds. I want full data logging and tuning capability with offline analytical software. Wideband O2 integrated. On the fly switching between preset tunes desired but not mandatory. Custom tuning mandatory.

Please chime in if you have experience with a good multi port system. NOT throttle body injection please.

After a cursory look, I see the Holley EFI universal multi port system, the Edelbrock pro flo system and the Fast XFI system.

The Edelbrock and Holley systems appear to be sequential and the Fast looks to be bank to bank...

I have in depth experience with the system on my Pontiac 428 but had to do a LOT of manual configuring over the course of a few years before it worked properly (was a Mass-Flo EFI system bought in 2006). Working great now and in a way I am better for the knowledge, but probably will stay away from the Pro M kit. The system i bought in 2006 was NOT plug and play, to say the least.

Any input from any tuners or users would be greatly appreciated. Please chime in. Thank you!

gator68428
04-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Looks like fast has sequntial capable option. Xfi 2.0.

Anybody have any of the sequential systems? How do you like it?

68Formula
04-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Did you look at MSIII? https://www.diyautotune.com/shop/megasquirt-assembled/megasquirt-3-megasquirt-assembled/

F-Body International
04-13-2016, 05:55 PM
A customer at my work has a new JK Jeep with a 392 hemi swapped in that has a Magnuson supercharger, nitrous and FAST XFI 2.0. This thing was in SEMA recently as well.

I also have FAST XFI 2.0 in my '79 Trans Am 400 4spd. It's not running yet but hopefully I can get it fired up soon. The FAST stuff is very nice once you go beyond the TBI.

Another option you haven't mentioned is Big Stuff 3 (BS3) or FuelTech. BS3 is used by many of the top racers in the country.

gator68428
04-14-2016, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the input so far. I will looks into these other options as well. Keep the feedback coming if you can please. Thanks.

I am starting to like the Fast XFI 2.0 ECU. Jim Butler sells a kit with everything needed for a Pontiac, just waiting to hear if its the 2.0 kit or not and what that would cost.

dirty rick
04-14-2016, 07:12 AM
Did you look at MSIII?

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/megasquirt-iii-ems-system-with-ms3x-expansion-v3-57-assembled/

Builtin table switching - staged injection - NOS - launch - traction? - tach output - fan control - boost control & more

interfaces with trans controller and more via CanBus

Built in logging to SD chip (no laptop)

I built one that had GPS logging to pinpoint car position on track

andrewb70
04-14-2016, 08:41 AM
The new Holley systems are awesome and well supported.

Andrew

F-Body International
04-18-2016, 06:54 PM
I just noticed the original statement on Fast system being bank-to-bank. FAST XFI Sportsman does batch fire like mentioned. FAST XFI 2.0 will do sequential injection...FAST's dual sync distributor will allow this to be plug n play on a Pontiac and you can even add an MSD crank trigger if desired.

Most systems that are able to do individual cylinder tuning aren't actually tuned in that manner. You need to have individual egt or oxygen sensors in each exhaust primary to tune it to the fullest. FAST has an 8 egt sensor kit. It's costly but the good news is that you can build into a system like that.

The main thing with any system will be investing in a nice ecu that can be upgraded. Holley HP/Dominator, FAST XFI 2.0, Big Stuff 3 or MS3 Pro are good systems. Don't let something like megasquirt trick you into thinking it's cheap. Wire harnesses, sensors and system upgrades add up.

redmist
04-18-2016, 08:07 PM
I built my Multi Port, Full seq. Fuel/Spark system, using a home built MS3X stand alone, and a good mix of junkyard parts, and some new stuff.

I love it!

The logging with the MS3X is flat awesome.

Here is the link to the full build:http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=99432.0

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif