PDA

View Full Version : Undercoating paint

knine00
04-10-2016, 05:35 PM
I have my 67 chevelle on a rotisserie and have replaced a few panels. I have prepped the surface and am ready to paint. I ordered por15 and topcoat but am leaning towards not using it. I would like to undercoat it to hide some of the flaws. What is the best semi-gloss undercoating? I don't want to spend big money on this project. Any help would be great.

fishface
04-10-2016, 05:58 PM
I used Raptor Liner but can't say that it would be good for hiding anything. Actually that was the reason for my decision in using this: if God forbid I ever have to sell my car, I don't want the appearance that I am hiding anything. I would guess if you are looking for something thicker you may want to look at a rubberized undercoating. Probably not the answer you were looking for but maybe others have experience with another product better suited to your needs.

Jetfixr320
04-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Smooth the welds out a little without going crazy. Self leveling or seam sealer that can be tooled to smooth it out. And spray it with U-pol Raptor liner. It will look great.

Post up a pic of what you are working with.

knine00
04-11-2016, 03:29 AM
Yeah that is the issue I am having. I am a good welder but not great. I want to get rid of my weld imperfections after replacing the panels.

knine00
04-11-2016, 07:52 AM
I like the raptor liner stuff. I need to figure out a way to smooth out the welds. I was leaning towards a body filler and sanding. Unless someone else has a better idea.