PDA

View Full Version : Be careful with SC&C.... Major Time issues

borrone821
03-29-2016, 02:40 AM
This will not be a major complaint thread, but I want people to be aware of potential time delays with SC&C.

After reading god knows how many forums and threads about SC&C and how great Mark is, I called them up, spoke with Mark for over an hour, and like everyone said in the forums, was very impressed with him and his company, and decided to order a stage 2 package for my 68 442.

I placed the order on 12/17 and Mark told me up front that there will be a holiday delay and not to expect anything for at least a few weeks.

Part started trickling in at the end of January, with others in limbo.
I had to call SC&C a few times to get anyone on the phone. Once I finally got ahold of someone, I was told the Varishocks and Hellwigs swaybars were on backorder but should be in any day... no time or tracking was given.

About 8 weeks went by before my swaybars came in... end of February.... still no varishocks.
I called SC&C a week later only to be told "Chassiworks runs in batches so we don't know when yours will be ready"... this was after I was told the whole setup would be at my house "after a few weeks due to holiday delays." Week and week went by, and no parts showed up, and no phone call or email from SC&C.

Well Friday is April 1st and I still do not have my rear Varishock shocks. This is more than 15 weeks past when I ordered my parts and my car has been up on stands the ENTIRE winter taking up my garage. Again, I placed my order A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

I have called Mark at least 5 times and each time he has been entirely sympathetic and very nice about these absurd delays... Even so, he tells me that he cannot get a good answer out of Chassisworks (who makes Varishock brand) on part status... Mark is a very nice guy and incredibly knowledgeable, and I hope this only happened to me, but it doesn't seem like SC&C cares about letting customers know about the status of the parts they ordered

SO, to anyone ordering through SC&C, be wary of parts delays. Had I known there was even the potential of an over 15 week or more delay, I'd have to think about what parts I was buying and from who. I was incredibly lucky that I live in MA and do not drive this car in the winter.

borrone821
04-08-2016, 09:22 AM
Wanted to follow up and let everyone know that Mark has promised that my rear shocks are on their way, but it is now April 8th, and 103 days since I placed my order, and it has still not been fulfilled.

DippedInSauce
06-12-2016, 08:34 AM
This will not be a major complaint thread, but I want people to be aware of potential time delays with SC&C.

After reading god knows how many forums and threads about SC&C and how great Mark is, I called them up, spoke with Mark for over an hour, and like everyone said in the forums, was very impressed with him and his company, and decided to order a stage 2 package for my 68 442.

I placed the order on 12/17 and Mark told me up front that there will be a holiday delay and not to expect anything for at least a few weeks.

Part started trickling in at the end of January, with others in limbo.
I had to call SC&C a few times to get anyone on the phone. Once I finally got ahold of someone, I was told the Varishocks and Hellwigs swaybars were on backorder but should be in any day... no time or tracking was given.

About 8 weeks went by before my swaybars came in... end of February.... still no varishocks.
I called SC&C a week later only to be told "Chassiworks runs in batches so we don't know when yours will be ready"... this was after I was told the whole setup would be at my house "after a few weeks due to holiday delays." Week and week went by, and no parts showed up, and no phone call or email from SC&C.

Well Friday is April 1st and I still do not have my rear Varishock shocks. This is more than 15 weeks past when I ordered my parts and my car has been up on stands the ENTIRE winter taking up my garage. Again, I placed my order A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

I have called Mark at least 5 times and each time he has been entirely sympathetic and very nice about these absurd delays... Even so, he tells me that he cannot get a good answer out of Chassisworks (who makes Varishock brand) on part status... Mark is a very nice guy and incredibly knowledgeable, and I hope this only happened to me, but it doesn't seem like SC&C cares about letting customers know about the status of the parts they ordered

SO, to anyone ordering through SC&C, be wary of parts delays. Had I known there was even the potential of an over 15 week or more delay, I'd have to think about what parts I was buying and from who. I was incredibly lucky that I live in MA and do not drive this car in the winter.

Hey Mark is indeed a wonderful guy. His book "how to make your muscle car handle" is a great read. But as far as the vari-shocks go, they're garbage. I had a Chassisworks vari-Shock fail causing cosmetic damage to my frame and suspension. They handled it very poorly. Too bad you couldn't keep the suspension and go with a better shock brand. I'm stuck with mine until I have the founds to replace.