PDA

View Full Version : springs and ride hight

GUS68
11-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey guys!!! I was watching the Chip Foose show the other night and he was buildin a ford pickup, he completely redid the front and rear suspension and while setting it all up he set the truck at the ride hight he wanted befor welding anything permanant, he did all og this while the pickup was completely striped with just the cab on the frame. This got me to thinking, being I am planning on starting a new project myself, It would be a good idea to set your ride hight where you want it and then build around it, BUT how do you take into consideration the SPRINGS????!!!!! With out a completely assembled car you don't know for sure how the car is gonna sit and, if you are gonna build the car arount the suspension and ride hight, how do you comletely assamble the car??!!! If I have the bare body sitting on a bare frame and I want to design a suspension with the car at my set hight how do I know how heavy the finished product is gonna be??? If I use a spring that's too stiff or tall the car will sit too high, if its not enough it will be too low. And what about leave springs and there mounts????

vanzuuk1
11-06-2005, 05:43 AM
I guess he set the car up where he wanted and was going to trim the coils to get it there. They did the same thing on speed channels vintage vette racer so it must be common.????