PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys spring Texas

Dusold
03-14-2016, 04:10 AM
This weekends Goodguys event got off to a bit of a rocky start with bad weather Friday that cancelled autocross for the day. Saturday morning the track was super wet but the Goodguys crew worked hard to dry it out and we were running by 12:30. It was great competition in all the classes.
In hot rod everyone's buddy Linda Jacobs was able to hold on for the win in a hard fought battle that had her nervous for a while.
Duke Roddy won the truck class. Street machine was a tough battle with or own Ryan Harris leading for a while before Terry Neuville got around him after Ryan left for a Nerf gun fight. Yeah, I don't get it either. Craig Williams and Marc Nemati were also able to get in the top 5 with Marc's 65 mustang winning the style and design award!
Pro class was a tough battle all day. Kyle Tucker led most of the morning, I had good times but I couldn't stay off the cones. Smitty was driving his tail off and ended in third. Josh Leisinger was fourth and our own Texas boy Derrick Torres in fifth. Torres really hit another level this weekend and we are super proud of him. The battle with Kyle was a ton of fun and I'm happy to say I was able to pull out the win and grab the Scottsdale invite early this year.
Dusold Designs own Aaron Sockwell was able to hold off a Z06 corvette for the Super Sunday win. It came down to hundredths of a second on the final run. Great racing!
Overall it was a great weekend for the whole Dusold Designs crew and our friends. On to the next one!

nokones
03-14-2016, 04:32 AM
Hopefully, I will see all ya Great Texas Racers from Dusold Design and Vorshlag at the CAM event in Mineral Wells in May. Don't forget to sign up.

kencobra
03-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Pics?

Dusold
03-14-2016, 12:49 PM
I didn't take any but maybe someone on here did and wouldn't mind sharing. I've seen some videos also.

drktrrs
03-14-2016, 04:08 PM
Aside from the weather, the event was such a blast. The course was a lot of fun and had some pretty high speed sections. This was my first event as a pro class driver and it definitely humbled me. Back in October my times weren't even remotely close to the pros and to have learned as much as I did between then and now I was ecstatic to have placed 5th. A lot of that was contributed to all the help I got from Mike D and Kyle Tucker. Gotta keep working hard though if I wanna make it to Scottsdale again. Next big agenda will be the CAM challenge in May.