PDA

View Full Version : lakewood adj. pivot ball-help!

kball
11-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Can somebody tell me how this clutch fork pivot ball is supposed to be set? I tried finding instructions from lakewood-no luck.

sporter
11-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Usually the clutch kit will have directions for the fork setup.

dhardison
11-05-2005, 07:49 PM
You didn't state what brand motor, clutch, bellhousing, etc you're running.. Just in case it applies to your issue I scanned the instruction page from my Centerforce clutch for your viewing pleasure. It lists specific instructions/measurements when using a Lakewood bellhousing and Lakewood adjustable pivot ball with a SB/BB Chevy. Here's the URL to the scanned page.

http://www.danhardison.com/misc/PIVOTDOC.JPG

HTH,
Dan

yody
11-05-2005, 07:53 PM
go to mcleods site, they have an instruction setup

GMJim
11-08-2005, 02:26 PM
For adjustment, make sure the release bearing is contacting the fingers of the clutch. Then draw an imaginary line from where the fork contacts the release bearing (the inside tabs) to the tip of the ball stud. This imaginary line shoud be ABOUT 5 degrees from parallel with the flywheel (Release bearing towards the transmission) When you step on the clutch the release bearing stroke should begin on the transmission side of parallel and end on the flywheel side of parallel. After adjustment and the return spring is installed the return spring should hold the release bearing away from the rotating fingers of the clutch and there should be about 1-1/2" of free play at the top of the pedal.
Without a picture, this is about the only way I can think of explaining this.
P.S. I'm working on a picture.
Jim