PDA

View Full Version : Nebie ? on Suspension for 72 chevelle!!

Gordz32
11-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Question about my 72 Chevelle.The car has a semi built 350 with a th350 trans, factory trailing arms, flowmaster 40's, after market sway bars, and a couple of other items. We are planning on building a nice street car with some handling abilities. I've been doing my research and I Think were gonna go with Hotchkis TVS, with the matched shocks all around, and global west upper and lower front tubular control arms. My question is what else and with the control arms, Will the stocks spindle setup be okay or should we go ahead with the b-spindle setup. We want the car to ride and handle like modern sport cars, but still be able to be comfortable on long rides. Thanks for the help everyone and I'm glad I finally joined. Chris

Gordz32
11-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Also, I'd like to know about any other steering box's we could do, whether its worth it or not also.

derekf
11-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Other steering boxes spreadsheet: http://www.chevelles.com/techref/shea_3.html

Read around in the suspension section - there's folks with strong opinions about the B-body spindle setup; you'll need to decide for yourself whether the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.

Travis B
11-03-2005, 05:47 AM
THere are better spindle upgrades out than the b-body swap! take a look the AFX spindle......