PDA

View Full Version : Seat belts, what are you guys using?

minendrews68
01-16-2016, 06:52 PM
I'm looking to see what most are using for their 1st gen Camaro seat belts. I've got a complete set from a 2014 Mustang GT I would like to use, they're just a pain with all the internals that go with them. They lock up if not in the correct position etc. I want some that just works in my car.

I guess I need to add that there is no cage, or bar. Just stock interior with back seat etc.

Josue
01-16-2016, 07:12 PM
I was going to go with these 3 point belts this season....

http://www.mattsclassicbowties.com/contents/en-us/p780.html

I'd be curious to see what else is out there though, not that much will make a difference...these things are death traps compared to new safety standards. haha Oh well, something like this is better than just using the original lap belt!

130fe
01-17-2016, 03:33 AM
I have the Morris Classic 3 point ones, like them a lot!

Josue
01-17-2016, 06:43 AM
I have the Morris Classic 3 point ones, like them a lot!

How is the neck position on these? I've heard/read that they can ride up and be a bit uncomfortable for shorter people at times...

morrisclassic
01-17-2016, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the Compliments and Purchase of our products.
Morris Classic Concepts 3 pt seat belts are year and car specific. We assemble them in a jig so
you don't have a bunch of spacers brackets or whatever that is not necessary.
As for riding up on the neck our seat belts have a soft sash lanyard that decreases the angle
of the seat belt coming from the roof across your neck & body. My daughter is 5'4" and she does
not have any issues with the belt riding up on her neck, also slide the seat belt under the headrest.
Any questions we will be happy to answer 864-987-0032
Thx, Billy

Josue
01-17-2016, 08:31 AM
Great info, thanks!

408maro
01-17-2016, 11:16 AM
I also have morris classic belts in my 2nd gen and look awesome and feel good. Just a little to long for the replacement rears but great quality product

minendrews68
01-17-2016, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the Compliments and Purchase of our products.
Morris Classic Concepts 3 pt seat belts are year and car specific. We assemble them in a jig so
you don't have a bunch of spacers brackets or whatever that is not necessary.
As for riding up on the neck our seat belts have a soft sash lanyard that decreases the angle
of the seat belt coming from the roof across your neck & body. My daughter is 5'4" and she does
not have any issues with the belt riding up on her neck, also slide the seat belt under the headrest.
Any questions we will be happy to answer 864-987-0032
Thx, Billy

Billy,
Can these be made to work with the integrated receiver on the 2014 Mustang seats? I would like to use them if I could.

thanks,
Carl

another69
03-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Just get the complete set from them instead of trying to mske the mustang ones work. I have a set in my first gen, and very happy with them

minendrews68
03-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Just get the complete set from them instead of trying to mske the mustang ones work. I have a set in my first gen, and very happy with them

Do you have pics you can post? I just don't like the seat belts hanging like they do when not being used. I wonder if they can make them like the original ones where the shoulder strap is used only when needed. This would eliminate the whole thing from hanging and being seen.