PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Advice on Seats

Tincup
01-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Looking for a pair of reclining racing seats for my truck project. I'm not having much luck finding many options. I'm leaning towards the Corbeau LG1's, they are about the only seat I can find that come in a "wide" version for my 38" waist. I would appreciate any suggestions anyone has.

Spec's Sheet;

wide enough to accommodate a 38" waist
reclinable
Budget $1500

MTZ28
01-30-2016, 08:26 AM
I just received my wide LG1's, and I'm very happy with fit and comfort. I have a 36" waist and there's plenty of room for a 38". I believe most of the corbeau seats come in the wide version. I was also pretty happy with their seat brackets and sliders. Height is a big concern for me and the brackets are nice and low to the floor pan. For the money, corbeau is a good deal IMO.

Tincup
01-30-2016, 04:47 PM
I just received my wide LG1's, and I'm very happy with fit and comfort. I have a 36" waist and there's plenty of room for a 38". I believe most of the corbeau seats come in the wide version. I was also pretty happy with their seat brackets and sliders. Height is a big concern for me and the brackets are nice and low to the floor pan. For the money, corbeau is a good deal IMO.

Thanks, appreciate the review...

Tincup
01-30-2016, 04:48 PM

Thanks, appreciate the review...

custompaintnbody
02-03-2016, 10:39 PM
The factory seats in the average car are made to keep you comfy while droning down the interstate, nothing more. Even though many sports models have some degree of lateral support, you’ll still find yourself sliding all over if you push it in the turns. The steering wheel is for steering, it’s not a handle to hold onto when things get hairy. When the g-forces get turned up you need a proper seat to keep you comfortably in position and in control.

MuuMuu101
02-06-2016, 06:23 PM
I have about a 40-42" waist and I ordered the LG1 Wides and the first time I sat in them, I deemed them the most comfortable seat ever! They're going in my '68 Dart. I have a thread on the build on FABO. I've read through most of your Dart thread.123583

Tincup
02-06-2016, 06:59 PM
I have about a 40-42" waist and I ordered the LG1 Wides and the first time I sat in them, I deemed them the most comfortable seat ever! They're going in my '68 Dart. I have a thread on the build on FABO. I've read through most of your Dart thread.123583

Thanks, that's good to know. Love to see another PT Dart.

Josh@Ridetech
02-25-2016, 07:28 AM
I have the wide Corbeau FX1's in my car, I'm a 36" waist and have plenty of wiggle room. My dad has the wide LG1's and they actually have a little more room than mine. I like mine but his are without a doubt more comfortable than mine.

Tincup
02-25-2016, 08:41 AM
I have the wide Corbeau FX1's in my car, I'm a 36" waist and have plenty of wiggle room. My dad has the wide LG1's and they actually have a little more room than mine. I like mine but his are without a doubt more comfortable than mine.

Awesome, I'll be ordering them soon...