PDA

View Full Version : 1971 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, 2wd, C-10, Short Bed, Pro Touring, Resto Mod

SteadfastMFG
01-08-2016, 11:49 AM
This 1971 K5 Blazer started out as a four wheel drive and spent it's life in Colorado Springs. The blazer has been parked in a dry area since 1997 due to engine noise. We found this incredible clean K5 by accident and brought it back to Mansfield, Ohio and changed it up. My whole mindset was to build a practical everyday driver with all the modern necessities. This truck runs and drives like a new one while retaining the old truck look and characteristics. I put a little over 10,000 miles on it this truck this summer and 6,000 of them included a round trip to Mount Rushmore, Washington State, up Pikes Peak to Charlotte, NC for the Goodguys Show! I would not be afraid to drive this truck anywhere and I encourage the buyer to fly in and drive this truck home!

NOTE: There is over $39,000 in parts alone. I will not give this truck away - I don't need the money! This truck is listed with the intentions of selling this truck to someone that knows and understands the caliber of a pro-built vehicle. This is not your clunky, lowered on stock suspension with cut coils kind of truck. Special attention was paid to the placement of the front cross member to insure wheel alignment in front fender.

Body:

This Blazer was incredibly clean! I included one before picture (#14) and can send other by request.
I raised the rear wheel wells 3.5 inches and kicked up the floor under the back seat to fit the frame C-notch
85% of the paint is how we brought the truck back from Colorado, the other 15% is from touch up after the modifications ... "Amazing what a Buffer can do!"
There are little imperfections, like chips, scratches, and rub thru marks if you look close!

Suspension:

Chassis started with original rails, sand blasted, jigged, boxing and cross members added to strategic areas, painted
No Limit Front & Rear Suspension, independent front, 4 link & panhard rear, w/ RideTech adjustable coil overs
5.5in. C-notch in rear
RideTech "Helper Bag" kit so you can pull a trailer
New 9in. w/ 31 spine Moser axles
Wilwood 6 piston front brakes
Wilwood 4 piston rear brakes

Motor:

New Blue Print crate engine 355 Dyno sheet reads 420HP/418ft.lbs.
Quick fuel carb, Edelbrock intake, Msd pro billit ignition
Pro-built 700R4 w/mild shift kit automatic transmission
Gennie shifter, made to look like original 4 speed

Wheels & Tires:

Billet Specialities - Bonneville G Wheels
Front 19 x 8
Rear 20 x 10
BF Goodrich G Force Sport Comp 2
Front 225/40ZR19
Rear 275/40ZR20

Interior:

Front Seats '69 Camaro - re-upholstered w/ '67 Camaro upholstery design (black w/ white stripe)
Rear Bench - custom upholstered to match
New Carpet - (black)
Modified original console w/ cup holders
Full Alpine sound system

Miscellaneous:

CPP Brake booster and proportioning valve assembly
Trailer brake unit under dash
All new glass & weather stripping
All new bumpers & grille
New lights & lens' (brakes, markers etc.)
Full stainless exhaust system w/ magnaflow mufflers ceramic coated flat black
New aluminum radiator

The Price is $50,000.00 firm!

Please Call Henry, owner & operator of Steadfast Mfg., Mansfield, Ohio 44906 USA
with any questions on this truck
419-526-3132 shop or cell 419-632-3315