PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Mopar protourer Project in Germany

speedfreak572
01-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Hello everybody,

I'm from Germany and right now, I'm working on a pretty cool project: trying to convert a heavy iron-pig (a 1968 plymouth Satellite) into a fast streetmachine...

Here are some actual pics from the progress so far...

THE GOON
01-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Hey, I'm new here too (the join post right before yours) But as a fellow B Body Mopar guy I'll be the first to say I LOVE IT.... What are the over all plans!?

speedfreak572
01-08-2016, 10:21 AM
well, the whole project went overboard with every item, i bought, because then i hat to re-think other components. So I went on and on and on spending money and watching this car grow.

incredients:
572hemi from indyheads
tremec t56 magnum
moser dana
rms front and rear suspension
sparco carbon fibre seats
custom rollcage
custom dash (speedhut gauges)
weld racing wheels on toyo r888
mark williams driveshaft
hydroboost system...

right now, i'm re-thinking the front suspension, because I fear it might not be able to withstand the forces. I really want to throw that car into fast cornering and drive it like i stole it.
so right now, i'm thinking of changing the front tubular arms from rms and the mustang 2 spindles to corvette parts. they just seem beefier....

but here I'll start another thread. ;-)

Godbolt
01-11-2016, 04:50 AM
Very nice! More pictures please or, better yet, a build thread.

THE GOON
01-11-2016, 07:24 AM
Personally I think the Magnum Force is a better front suspension than the RMS (i find the AlterKtion to be lighter duty from a "twist" standpoint") Also heard that XV is kicking again but not 100% on that.

Agree with Godbolt I'd love to see a build thread on this bad boy