PDA

View Full Version : B&M Mega Shifter Help

Kevin
09-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Iam going with a 700R4 in my 69 Camaro with a B&M mega shifter. I want to mount it in the factory console. Which one to buy, the regular floor mount or the 70 and up console shifter. I have seen this setup before so I know it will work. Thanks for any input. Kevin

steve g
10-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Kevin,

Did you ever determine which one? I asked this question awhile ago in a Firebird forum and never found anyone who knew if either would fit in a 69 console. I've heard that it takes some modification to work, but I don't know how much.

Matt@RFR
10-12-2004, 03:39 PM
When in doubt, call the manufacturer! In this case it might be a long shot, but ya never know.

Kevin
10-12-2004, 07:56 PM
No response yet. I still havent bought the shifter. I would guess the console model would fit better. I know this shifter will work. I have seen them in 69's in mag, just which one. Cant believe everyone here is using the stock shifter. I want to keep my factory console and be able to shift without missing a gear. Kevin

zbugger
10-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I haven't seen any in a '69 console. I do know that it will take a little modification though. Let us know what you find out. You may be a little better off with the standard version though. It does have a taller shifter handle, but there is a shorter one that you can order from Summit. If you need any details on the shifter itself, let me know. Get pics though.

astroracer
10-13-2004, 07:34 AM
Iam going with a 700R4 in my 69 Camaro with a B&M mega shifter. I want to mount it in the factory console. Which one to buy, the regular floor mount or the 70 and up console shifter. I have seen this setup before so I know it will work. Thanks for any input. Kevin

Kevin,
The shifters are identical... The "floor mount" option includes a little black plastic console. The "console mount" option negates the separate plastic console as you don't need it for your application. I've got one of these in my '73 Bird and had to do a few minor mods to get it in. I've never installed one in a 1st gen so you're on your own here...
Mark

sunkistcamaro
10-13-2004, 01:32 PM
I have a Mega shifter in my 69 Camaro and using the original center console! I bought the short handle version years ago and made an adaptor plate. I had a quick silver in the car before that, it was the one that has its own console, the one with the long throw..... IMO, DONT GET IT!
I hated it; it looked like it belonged in a pick-up truck.

I just bought a digital camera so I can get you pics tonight.

Hope this helps

sunkistcamaro
10-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Sorry about being dirty..

slck6t9
10-14-2004, 04:16 AM
Here is a pic of my B&M Hammer shifter in my stock console.

Scott