PDA

View Full Version : Fuel hose/fitting suggestions

rlsteward
12-23-2015, 01:31 PM
I just received my Rick's stainless tank, dual CTSV pumps, with the Vaporworx system and it looks amazing! Now it's time to do the install and I can't figure out which fuel hose and fittings I should use. I didn't want to revive the sticky from 2012 and saw several different posts, but couldn't find anything recent. Does anyone have a suggestion as to which? In similar posts it looks like Aeroquip and Earl's both seem to be working well. If anyone's made a similar install and could give me a recommendation on which hose, what length, and what fittings worked well I'd greatly appreciate it!

andrewb70
12-23-2015, 03:02 PM
I prefer using NiCopp hard line for the long runs. For the flex sections use the PTFE hose from your favorite vendor. Here is how you mate the hard line with the AN fittings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46hFmkTGGV8

Andrew

chpr1972
12-23-2015, 07:43 PM
I used the Earls[holly] speed seal. I used the 3/8 steel line for a return line and a #8 flex line for a feed. I did not think it would be that expensive. Boy did I get a surprise! Just the 4 fittings to hook up my fuel rail were $168. By the time I put a hard line in and bought all the adapters and fittings it was just as cheap I using earls fittings and hose. I only has one leak to fix and that was at the hard line adapter. So far I am well satisfied with it.

Derek@ModernSpeed
12-30-2015, 11:15 PM
Earl's is what we try to use 100% of the time. However we have used all major brands with success. The difference is the liner inside the line, and the durability of the fittings. From the customer supplied fittings, Fragola seems to be the best cheap fittings we have used. Also, Fragola and Earl's are American made.