PDA

View Full Version : Hello from MN!

gflo
12-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Hello all,
just getting into the pro-touring game with a 1967 Marina Blue Camaro. Purchased the car from my neighbor almost 1 year ago. He was the 2nd owner, car had 34,000 miles on it but it was in pieces and parked in his pole barn since 1982. paint and body are near perfect, original 327 and powerglide were gone and on an engine stand was a "fresh" 350/th350 combo. I promised my wife it would stay that way but after my son and I got it running this fall, I couldn't take it. I have an LS1 swapped 1986 IROC-Z that I fabricated a turbo and T56 into for a mild 610rwhp street car and couldn't handle the '67 Camaro being such a pooch. you can see the 86 Camaro if you google "Greek Mythic Camaro" or click the link:
http://www.superchevy.com/features/1310-1986-chevy-camaro-z28-iroc-z/

I am also building a 1968 C10 step side that has a similar story to the Camaro. Purchased it from an old co-worker who bought it from the State of California back in 1989. The truck was an old State Forestry truck. it too has a LS swap and a turbo but the transmission is an automatic 6 speed (6L80E)

The truck has been in project mode for about 3 1/2 years and it too was in a barn and in pieces. the truck is more of a street truck that will do massive burnouts!! I love a good burnout!

So far for the 67 Camaro, I have aftermarket upper control arms (SC&C?) Viking coil overs, LS1 Fbody front brakes, LS1 engine mounts and a 4L80E trans cross member. The 12 bolt going in it will have the latest S10 style rear discs. The car is in storage right now and was a drving vehicle when it was put away for winter. I just acquired the parts mentioned above, but had been building an LS3 with a BTR stage 2 NA cam and a 4L80E... Just in case I got the bug.

currently looking into wheels- I REALLY like the Forgeline CF3's but because they are so expensive, I'm looking at CCW LM20's, Weld RTS's and the Forgeline SO3's. I want a gloss black barrel and flat/matte black center. Anyone with advice on wheels I am happy to hear your input! plan is to install a DSE mini-tub and run 18x9.5 front and 18x11 rear.

Thanks and look forward to searching and learning a lot here!
Joe G.