PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from Idaho

JSR69
10-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Hello Everyone. My name is Steve and I've been visiting your site since I purchased my 69 RS in August. Great site with lots of good information. I can't wait to get the car back from the media blaster and begin the build. As the title says, I'm from Idaho and was wondering if there is anyone else from Idaho visiting here. I've been a life long car nut and haven't seen to many pro-touring cars in the area, so I may be on my own. But that's OK, that way I will have something totally different.

A little history, I owned a 68 RS in high school and college and sold it to go midget oval racing. Now it's time to sell the midget and go back to the Camaro.

I have one really dumb question: I've been reading the For Sale board and saw several posts about "PM". What does that mean?

C4Bird
10-31-2005, 08:09 AM
Welcome JSR from one of a few idahoans on the board! This is a great site with a vast amount of knowledge, and the people are great! Where you located? If you are in Boise, I am with you on the few PT cars around. Sure wouldn't mind seeing more. 69 Camaro is a great start, and there are many many here that I'm sure will agree :)

-Nate
PS. PM stands for Private Message.

dropit69
10-31-2005, 08:41 AM
welcome steve..pm means private message ..you can pm anyone on site..your pm box is on upper right hand of your screen..and to pm someone click on there name and youll get the drop down list to choose from..hope that helps..and everyone here loves pics or your car when you can post em ..

LTorres
10-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Welcome. As you have noticed the people on this forum are extremely helpful, and will lend a hand when the time comes.

derekf
10-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Welcome aboard, Steve. Got any pics of your 69?

Ralph LoGrasso
10-31-2005, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the site, Steve.

JSR69
10-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Nate - I am in the Boise area (Star), so maybe we can get together and do a little bench racing if nothing else. I will post some pictures as I take them. My wife plans on taking pictures of the car throughout the build, so I will keep everyone updated. In looking over the various threads, I do have some questions, but I will post them at the appropriate place when ready. Thanks again.

C4Bird
10-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Hit me up some time, I check my PM's every other day. Living that close to Firebird, you make it out there much? When the questions arise don't hesitate, the amounts of knowledge here is amazing.
-Nate