PDA

View Full Version : Door Handle Options?

james j
12-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm working on a '68 Charger project. My original door handles are pretty pitted, and I've been thinking about changing them instead of putting reproduction units on. I know that Ring Brothers has a few GM/Ford styles that could be made to work and the Kindigit handles are slick but expensive. So, I was wondering what aftermarket handles people have had luck with here?

Thanks in advance,

James

MOREHORSEPOWER
12-04-2015, 06:05 PM
I like the Kindigit handles .

JHunter
12-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Might check out my build - I modified Miata handles, quasi flush handles. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/108760-X-MLC-(10-year-Mid-Life-Crisis)

james j
12-05-2015, 09:45 AM
JHunter, that is a great build and idea! Do you still have the die? How did you fill in the key-holes?

Thanks!

JHunter
12-05-2015, 01:33 PM
James,

Thanks, I still have the die, but it's currently in storage as I'm out of the country till next summer.
For the key hole on the Miata handle, I actually cut that part of the handle off completely so that it mirrored the other end of the handle that didn't have the hole. There was a small divot that I filled in with "all metal" filler.
As for the key hole on the door, I just cut out a plug from sheet metal and filled in the original hole.
Hope that helped - I might have a additiinal pictures.

Thanks again,
John

Cop Magnet
12-05-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm using the Lokar electronic handle. So don't do that :)
If anyone could adapt the retracting Tesla handle that would be the ultimate mod!

JHunter
12-06-2015, 05:27 AM
James / Cop - That Lokar handle would look great on a Charger I bet, compliments the body lines well I'd imagine.

WallaceMFG
12-06-2015, 08:38 AM
I saw the Lokar setup on a 69 Mustang at SEMA, it looked really good. Came across the same car at the last GoodGuys show and talked with the builder for a while. He let me look around the car and try the handle, it feels really nice. Those are my second choice after a flush handle.