PDA

View Full Version : 69' GTO "Cover Car"/ "Magazine Car" Before it goes to Ebay

69*Goat
12-03-2015, 02:12 PM
It is time for someone else to enjoy this beast. I have sweat over, bled on and cursed at this car since 2006. My son learned to turn a wrench on this car. It left he and I stranded in the early years of ownership, and we have some good memories with it. All, of that being said, it is time for something else. My first car was a 69' Camaro, and i have stumbled upon one that needs some TLC. I only have a two car garage, so the Goat will need to go. Many of you have seen the car in print, there is a build thread here on PT.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/98507-Project-Rabid-Goat/page13?highlight=project%3Arabid+Goat.

A lot has been done to it since my last post. The engine was freshened up earlier this year with a new block. I lost all oil pressure at the 2014 Good Guys autocross, which required a rebuild. The new engine has 1,000 miles on it, the car has 2,781 miles on the rebuild. The 2004R was installed the same time as the rebuilt engine.

69’ GTO (True GTO, NO Clone)
Factory Front Disc Brake Car
Factory A/C Car (No longer installed, but have the pieces)
Non-numbers matching engine. (A 70 ‘ 400 Block was used for the stroker build)
I have PHS Documentation for the car (Pontiac Historical Services)

Engine:

Iron Block 400 punched 35 over.

Eagle Stroker kit making the displacement a 461 cu. In.
The Heads are Kauffman Racing Equipment Aluminum that have been ported and polished to flow 305 CFM by SD Performance .
Compression ratio is a paltry 10.5:1
The Cam is a 230/236 dur @ .050" lift .590"/.592" lift with 1.52 ratio rockers 114 lobe separation.

The rockers are PRW 1.65 which makes the lift over .600.
The valve train is hydraulic roller.
The fuel system consists of a Carter Mechanical Pump.
It feeds an 800 CFM Q-Jet that sits on an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake.
Exhaust is handled through Indian Adventures 1 3/4” headers dumped into a Pypes 2.5” exhaust system with an X-pipe, and Race Pro Mufflers.
This was dyno’d at KP racing without being tuned, and with worn out cylinders giving 420/430 at the rear wheels. This was going through a Power Robbing TH400.

The engine has since been freshened up, and is now transmitting power through a built 2004R.

Transmission:

Mike Kurtz (Century Transmission) built 2004R 4 spd OD

Trans Brake
2900 Stall lock-up Converter.
Shift works Gear Selector conversion.

Front Suspension:
Upper and lower control arms are manufactured by SPC.
The uppers are fully adjustable to do away with alignment shims, with Delrin bushings.
The lowers are ride height adjustable .
Hellwig 1 1/16” front swaybar with urethane bushing kit.
Global West 550# front lowering springs

Vari-Shock Double Adjustable Shocks (Compression, and Rebound)

Steering :
Factory Power steering pump.
Lee 670 Quick Ratio Steering box.
ATS Tall Spindles with Corvette Bearing Inserts

Brakes:

Front: - KORE3's ø325mm C5/C6 Big-Brake Kit for the American Touring Specialties (ATS) AFX spindle and C5/C6 Corvette applications are bolt-on, high-performance, 5th or 6th generation Corvette (C5/C6) based brake kits.

Rear- KORE3 ø305mm C5/C6 Rear Big-Brake Kit with drum-in-hat parking brake (DIHPB) for the early GM 10/12-bolt rear axle application adapts high-performance, high-quality,5th or 6th generation (C5/C6) Corvette brake components to your vehicle. This is a performance based kit with the added convenience of a clean, integrated parking brake solution.

The brakes are assisted by a Hydatech Hydraulic Assist System.

Rear:Built 10 Bolt Eaton Posi with girdle, and 3:42 gear ratio.

Chassisworks Adjustable Rear Swaybar.
Chassisworks G-Link Heim jointed upper and lower control arms.
Global West 120# Lowering Springs.
Vari-Shocks Double Adjustable Shocks.

Wheels/Tires
The wheels are Bonspeed Gtb’s 18” x 8 on the front, and 18” x 10” on the rear.
Tires are BFG Rivals, 245/40-18 on the front, and 295/35-18 on the rear.
60% tread on the front
50% tread on the rear

Interior:
Stock Interior, with the exception of Procar Lumbar Elite Seats, a Billet Specialties Steering wheel, and Morris Industries 3 point Seatbelts.
Tilt Steering Column
The sound system is a Kenwood head, with CD, Bluetooth, and two external inputs for Ipod/IPhone.
It has an Alpine V-12 Amp with a JBL 10” Sub, 2- Boston Acoustics 6x9 speakers in the back, and 2 Boston Acoustic 6” speakers in the front kick panels.
The floor has been covered in Dynomat sound deadener.
The gauges are from Speed Hut and consist of :GPS Speedo (NO Speedo Cable required), Engine Temp, Oil Pressure, Amp Gauge, Fuel Gauge, and Digital Air Fuel Ratio.

Miscellaneous Info.
The headlight doors have been converted from the factory vacuum actuators to the more reliable electric door motors.
The engine, and interior wiring have all been replaced with new wire looms.
The Optima Red Top battery has been relocated to the trunk.
The transmission is cooled by a 12” x 12” trans cooler with steel braided lines connecting the trans to the cooler.
The radiator is a factory 4 core.

You can drive this car anywhere, it corners surprisingly flat, with very little body roll and the ride is extremely smooth. It did not lose any of its great highway manners with the suspension upgrades.
The car has 2,781 miles on the build, the engine refresh has 1,000 miles on it.
The build is a little over two years old. It is not a garage queen. I drive it as much as the weather allows. It does not get driven in the rain.
It is garage kept, and covered with a soft car cover that is included with the sale.
There are extra parts with this sale such as moldings, A/C Parts, a Q-jet Carburetor, extra engine pulleys as well as miscellaneous pieces.

This car was featured in the May 2014 issue of Popular Hot Rodding Magazine.

It is the Cover Car for the SA/Design/Car Tech Book: How to Make Your Muscle Car Handle.

69*Goat
12-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Wow!

170+ views, and no one has any comments??

69*Goat
12-04-2015, 02:09 PM
A short Idle video taken two weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQvMus5F9xI

Godbolt
12-05-2015, 06:04 AM
I'll comment! Beautiful car. Good luck with the sale.
James

andrewb70
12-05-2015, 07:27 AM
Wow!

170+ views, and no one has any comments??

Are you fishing for compliments or trying to sell the car? Extraneous comments are generally discouraged in the For Sale section. GLWS.

Andrew

69*Goat
12-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Now on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontiac-GTO-/231775173594?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35f6e07bda:g:cXAAAOSwcBhWY1FJ&item=231775173594

69*Goat
12-14-2015, 08:45 AM
Sold!!

Pending receipt of funds.

Looks like she is going to Scotland.