PDA

View Full Version : getting tired of the BS answers from members who have no clue

chpr1972
11-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Several times I have posted and all I got was answers from people that was no help. Some was just smart a** answers from people with no clue. Even when I asked for no BS answers I still got 2 so far, one ridiculing answer of you can't stop from getting your car stolen so why care? One was smith and wesson.
Another time after researching several insurance companies and discussing options with several agents from Hagerty, State Farm, Grundy, Heacock,Progressive, Geico, JCTaylor, Safeco,[ including getting the wrong info from a actual person that the insurance agent called when I did not believe the local agent, so I bought it and when I read the policy, they had given me the wrong answer], There people told me I did not know what I was talking about. I bet NONE of them spent anytime with an agent to find out what their car was really insured for and what the limitations are.
Please if you have smart answers , give it after you have given a real answer, I have no problem with that with a lol.

77thor
11-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Chill.

That's just the nature of a public 'anonymous' forum.

hotrodneb
11-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Original response edited down to just this by myself.

mikewoods
11-06-2015, 04:46 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

T_Raven
11-06-2015, 07:04 PM
That's one of the biggest problems with internet forums. You have to sort through dozens of useless responses to find the good ones.

I get really annoyed with people that post a clueless or too brief answer to a technical question, clogging up the thread with posts that don't help the guy. I've gotten to the point that I don't even try to help people online any more. When I spend 10 minutes typing up a clear, detailed response to a tech question and it gets ignored and lost in dozens of pointless responses, it's not even worth it. It makes it pretty pointless to even ask for help on a forum.

Every spring, AC threads pop up on every forum, I've just had to quit trying to help lol.

Of the 20 or more forums I lurk on, this one has the best atmosphere and the nicest, friendliest posts, etc. The 2 most active I'm on are the worst. 90% off topic bs, rude posters, a bunch of useless info you have to wade through to find anything of value, etc.

I understand your frustration, but this is still one of the best forums to be on

trevor572
11-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Sorry you guy's are feeling let down. I can only speak for myself and I'm fairly new here also. But I have only had positive experiences, so far anyway. I for one are really grateful for the help and guidance people have given me, they have a lot more knowledge than I do and taken the time to explain things. For that I'm thankful to them, but I have perhaps been fortunate not to exposed to the negative side. Cheers Trevor.

parsonsj
11-07-2015, 06:26 AM
Several times I have posted and all I got was answers from people that was no help. Some was just smart a** answers from people with no clue. Even when I asked for no BS answers I still got 2 so far, one ridiculing answer of you can't stop from getting your car stolen so why care? One was smith and wesson.
Another time after researching several insurance companies and discussing options with several agents from Hagerty, State Farm, Grundy, Heacock,Progressive, Geico, JCTaylor, Safeco,[ including getting the wrong info from a actual person that the insurance agent called when I did not believe the local agent, so I bought it and when I read the policy, they had given me the wrong answer], There people told me I did not know what I was talking about. I bet NONE of them spent anytime with an agent to find out what their car was really insured for and what the limitations are.
Please if you have smart answers , give it after you have given a real answer, I have no problem with that with a lol.

A few thoughts directed to chpr1972:

1. We ask that our members use their real name, or at least add a name to their signature. See how Trevor and Traven and Mike Woods have done that? Using names that your mom may have actually given you helps get past the anonymous nature of the forum.

2. I went back and read your posts... and I don't see it as OP good, other posters bad. Demanding a certain kind of answer, or telling posters not to post is just counter-productive.

3. The S&W answer was out-of-line, but best ignored. Responding to it simply spun the thread up, and exposed you as a bit thin-skinned. Have some patience, and you'll get a lot of help from this forum.

One other thing: use paragraphs. Long wordy sentences running all together are hard to read, and reduce the chances of responders understanding what you are asking.

TexasT
01-01-2016, 11:04 AM
That's one of the biggest problems with internet forums. You have to sort through dozens of useless responses to find the good ones.

I get really annoyed with people that post a clueless or too brief answer to a technical question, clogging up the thread with posts that don't help the guy. I've gotten to the point that I don't even try to help people online any more. When I spend 10 minutes typing up a clear, detailed response to a tech question and it gets ignored and lost in dozens of pointless responses, it's not even worth it. It makes it pretty pointless to even ask for help on a forum.

Every spring, AC threads pop up on every forum, I've just had to quit trying to help lol.

Of the 20 or more forums I lurk on, this one has the best atmosphere and the nicest, friendliest posts, etc. The 2 most active I'm on are the worst. 90% off topic bs, rude posters, a bunch of useless info you have to wade through to find anything of value, etc.

I understand your frustration, but this is still one of the best forums to be on

I understand your frustration but with anything learning and teaching takes patience. Someone took the time to help you learn. Or if you read about it, someone took the time to write what you read.

I've found it helpful for me to have responses in my notes that I can cut n paste to help others. This saves me time. I want others to have as great an experience in the car hobby as I do. There will always be the wet blanket that is too good or has such a high opinion of themselves that they are above helping others. You just have to ignore them and move forward.

As a coincidence I am trying to learn a/c. It is hot here and I know I can make it work. I just have to find the right knowledge to tap into. People learn differently and the same goes for teaching. Some can read about it and just do it. Others must have hands on with a person there to coach them on. Others just cant be bothered to learn and just pay someone to do it for them.

I hope you are able to help others and encourage you to continue to post your tech. You never know who it might help. Google is a powerful thing and not everyone posts to thank those who provide the tech.

raustinss
01-01-2016, 06:47 PM
yeah Im also lost on what the member is referring to ....maybe that would help,tell the class what thread your referencing . As to smart ass answers meh ... consider the context. nothing on here is hate or inappropriate , moderators wouldn't allow that to be posted nor would they continue to let some one conduct themselves in such a way. Hell ive even hand my fingers slapped for a ill timed rude response once before. just have to ignore things and move forward my friend. Cheers

drktrrs
01-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Go post something on the pirate4x4 forum then come back and let us know how the pro touring forum really isn't that bad.

parsonsj
01-07-2016, 03:29 PM
drktrrs has the last word.