PDA

View Full Version : Carb rebuilt how to's for beginner

yellow1098Greg
10-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Had my car for a few years now...the time has come to rebuild the carb and seeing as how Iv never rebuilt a carb before...I have been looking for some good how to videos. I have a Holley 650 that probably just needs the gaskets replaced. Does the standard rebuilt kits label everything? Would love to learn how to rebuilt and tune and there is so much info out there it gets confusing. Thanks so much for any help!

WallaceMFG
10-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Holley rebuild kits come with instructions, but they can be difficult to read. It's a pretty simple job, just keep track of the order you take things apart in, make sure you match up the new gaskets with your old ones. For thinks like idle mixture screws if the car was running decent then make a note of where they are at and put them right back after the rebuild. My dad always tuned the idle mixture by ear, I haven't got the ear for it yet haha.

130fe
10-22-2015, 12:53 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Holley-Carburetor-Manual-Haynes-Manuals/dp/1563920697

yellow1098Greg
10-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Thank you guys! I will get that book for sure and keep reading and you tubing as much as possible...any more links are greatly appreciated :)

TheJDMan
10-23-2015, 05:09 PM
There are literally hundreds of how to videos on Youtube showing how to rebuild a Holley.