PDA

View Full Version : Digi-Tails issue

camrat68
09-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Painless harness.

I installed the digi-tails rear LED conversion last night and I thought that when I put the car away last night everything worked as it should. I started the conversion of the rest of the car this morning in preparation for a car show Friday morning and I don't have brake lights or turn signals when the headlights are on.
The four-way flashers light up like they should. When I turn the turn signals on, they are brighter on the side I have indicated but all of the lights come on and flash. When I hit the brakes, the front turn signals come on also. With the headlights on, the brake lights don't work and the four-ways don't flash. The turn signals also don't flash. This happens whether I'm using the no-load flashers or standard flashers. I tried using jumper wires to change which flasher connector got 12 volts and it made no change.

I have a car show in less than six hours and I don't know where to look next to solve this.

Thanks,
Jim

camrat68
09-25-2015, 01:35 AM
OK. Stayed up all night and de-converted the LED front conversion. No change in the behavior of the lights. I'm supposed to leave in an hour for ten hours of waiting in line to get into the show so I'll mess around with the connections in the trunk to try to figure out why the hazards activate when the brakes are applied.
I might as well close this out of emergency and move it to electrical.

Thanks,
Jim