PDA

View Full Version : '68 Camaro header clearance

bwindy
10-26-2005, 05:57 PM
I have a 1968 Camaro with a big block and just recieved a new power steering box from Year One to convert from manual. It does not seem to come close to clearing the Hooker Competition headers that I already have. Any suggestions to help me with getting the new steering box to fit with these headers?

Thanks

Steve68
10-27-2005, 12:04 PM
most of the car like Camaros Novas, that I've seen including My nova, have a dimpled tube, sorry that's how they fit,

aonghus
11-22-2005, 01:55 PM
I have hooker super comps in my '68 / 350 w/ AGR power steering, The headers on the driverside fit perfectly fine, other than they must be hanging in a wierd angle to get the steering box bolted in... the fitment issue for me was on my passenger side with the idler arm, I drove 'er for a few hours with the header hitting the idler arm, tube dimpled itself.

you should be fine, dont know about the comps, as i have the super comps, but just get some masking tape in the area to keep from scratching everything up.

chicane67
11-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Look at what is available from Stahl...

Josh
11-23-2005, 01:47 PM
I have a 68 with comps and power steering. The header designs with and without power steering are different. Mine fit great. It is either dimple what you have or pony up for new ones.