PDA

View Full Version : Ok, here they are!

Bill Howell
10-26-2005, 05:06 PM
There has been alot of issues here lately about people posting pictures of their projects. Somehow, some think that is bad, bragging or whatever.
I even went as far as to remove all my pictures that were posted. However, rethinking this, I have decided the following.
If you do not like pictures, don't hit the link below. If you do not like my car, do not reply. These are a couple weeks old, so as you will see, it was not finished at the time. I will post more after SEMA.
I am proud of the hard work that several have done, I am thankful for a wife that understands my sickness, and I appreciate all the friends I have made and the incouragement most have given. I plan to have a blast at SEMA and look forward to meeting everyone. As I promised months ago, here are several pictures of the car. I placed them on a local site that Wildron and I are members on. So, without further ado, I present the Billygoat. :usa:

BTW, a special thanks to Steveo for getting Melinda and I thru the reprograming of the TCI computer. At one point today, I was unsure if I would be pushing or not. The car was driven about 10 miles this afternoon and other than some fine tuning, I am very pleased. Now, if I can just get it to SEMA without anymore scratches, I will be happy. When everyone looks at the car, I know it has a bad place on the driver's quarter! Please don't remind me.....
A special thanks to Gary Neff, member also, that has spent the last 43 days straight busting his hump to make all this possibe.
http://www.highperformancetoys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4791&page=1&pp=15

MrQuick
10-26-2005, 05:17 PM
did i miss something again??? car looks good billy

redsand
10-26-2005, 05:26 PM
I must have missed something but I love it.

BRIAN
10-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Nice ride. Not really sure what the explanation was about but nice ride.

zbugger
10-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Yeah, you guys missed something. Then again, That's normal for Vince. The other two, I have no explanation for.

Bill, looks great. Now go get in the rig and get to Vegas. You'll need lots of rest for all the questions you'll have to answer and all the drool you'll have to wipe off. Oh, and have fun down there. I'll see you when/if I get there.

Kenova
10-26-2005, 05:53 PM
.............So, without further ado, I present the Billygoat. :usa:
:hmm: Billygoat? :hand: Billygoat!! :lmao: :icon996:
It's (He's?) lookin' good Bill.
Ken

Steve Chryssos
10-26-2005, 06:09 PM
The Billygoat is bah bah bad ass. Oh wait, that a sheep sound.

Hold still.

F70t/a
10-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Looks killer bill. The 19/20 combo look great on the goat. You did great work. Lots of labor and time went into that beast. Glad to hear you will be putting miles on that sexy thang :woot:

Wildron
10-26-2005, 06:24 PM
car looks great bill.have a safe trip and we'll see when you get back.don't take the pics down.you should be proud of your car.if some don't.to bad for them.car was built for you not them.so PISS on em

67Sally
10-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Be proud Bill. Be very proud!
W.

Steve1968LS2
10-26-2005, 06:44 PM
If you do not like pictures, don't hit the link below. If you do not like my car, do not reply.

Amen.. this is a freakin car site.. I think one would expect pics of cars and there is nothing wrong with being proud of your work.. Those that don't like it should lurk.

if I can just get it to SEMA without anymore scratches,

The word "anymore" has me a bit worried..

Steve1968LS2
10-26-2005, 06:45 PM
The Billygoat is bah bah bad ass. Oh wait, that a sheep sound.

Hold still.

Almost erie how well you have that sheep sound down... :icon_razz

steemin
10-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Bill,
Great job.
Well designed and wonderfully executed.
Have fun in Vegas.
As a side note:
We all now know where to get the early scoop on your next project
:hah:
Quote from highperformancetoys.com:
"Thanks, just don't share with those guys quite yet.
Got that hype thing going on over there you know"

Scott

yody
10-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Nice! I personally love pictures of projects! Those guys must just be bad apples, can't wait to see it at sema

Damn True
10-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Beautiful Bill, just beautiful!

Lemme ask ya this. I'm not that into Poncho's, but is there some changes made to the bodywork or something....it just looks different. In a good way I mean, but different.

It's talking to you right now you know? Do you know what it's saying?

"Take me to Bryson City, and take 441."

Bill Howell
10-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys, I will get some better, newer pictures, maybe even some "action" shots up asap after SEMA. I hope these will do until then.
True- only body mod has been 3 1/2 minitubs. It is really low and phat tires so that may be the difference. Global west frontend stuff brought the wheels and tires nearer the edge. Other than that, all is original, bodywise. Thanks for noticing though.
Cody-When apples get bad enough, they get thrown out. That way they do not spoil the whole bunch. Maybe we will get the chance to talk about bad apples at SEMA. :)

yody
10-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys, I will get some better, newer pictures, maybe even some "action" shots up asap after SEMA. I hope these will do until then.
True- only body mod has been 3 1/2 minitubs. It is really low and phat tires so that may be the difference. Global west frontend stuff brought the wheels and tires nearer the edge. Other than that, all is original, bodywise. Thanks for noticing though.
Cody-When apples get bad enough, they get thrown out. That way they do not spoil the whole bunch. Maybe we will get the chance to talk about bad apples at SEMA. :)

LOL :lmao:

MrQuick
10-26-2005, 09:34 PM
or make apple saaaawwwwzzzz

zbugger
10-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Vince, it's "Apple SauCe", with a C.

MrQuick
10-26-2005, 10:31 PM
thanks allen. : ) ! -

Martin71RS
10-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Bill, I can only whish my car will look half as good as yours once I am finished!

People giving bad comments are just plain jealous (SP?)

It is very easy to comment or talk bad about a project, but if I were you I would only take notice if it comes from someone you like/respect.

Good luck at SEMA (not that you will need it)

Martin

BMF Machine
10-27-2005, 01:38 AM
WWWOOOOOOOO Baby that is sweeeeeet:grouphug: We got Pics!

Great job Bill!

vanzuuk1
10-27-2005, 03:13 AM
That car is nice, the wheels and stance are perfect. Its nice to take your first few drives in a project.

I must have missed the catfight about photos. Unless you are talking about the pearl cyclone , that was harsh but justified.

If you get photos of the car on the road , post them also.

kmcanally
10-27-2005, 03:42 AM
beautiful car...love the color combo and wheels!

CAMAROBOY69
10-27-2005, 04:14 AM
Screw any negative coments you hear from anyone.
I could care less about the bad apples on this or any other site. Call me a leg humper or whatever you want when your bored with nothing to do but...
Bill,
THAT IS THE BADDEST GTO I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!! Not enough words to explain how amazing that car looks and the 2 tone is friggin awesome. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: I would easily say you have a GTO that looks nothing like any other GTO out there. Be damn proud! Also props to Prodigy customs for all the hard work too.
:firefire: :drool: :drool: :seizure: :seizure: :attn:

69rs
10-27-2005, 04:17 AM
Be proud of it, Bill! It's awesome! I'd post pics if there was anything updated!

ViperBlue68
10-27-2005, 08:51 AM
:kewlpics: BillyGoat I love it! Very nice car! :icon996: but you might hafta have the seats redone to take the Pro Touring GTO taken off since u went with 20's? :lmao: and the bad apples probabally just have too much free time on their hands? I know I do :lmao: have fun at SEMA make sure to take lots of pics and POST EM dammit! :cheers:

Damn True
10-27-2005, 10:27 AM
I have no idea what the fuss about the photos is all about.

But lemme just say this.

I have a digital video projector at work, and when I shoot the image of Bills car up onto a 20' wide screen it looks really really really cool.

Jagarang
10-27-2005, 10:47 AM
The car is beautifull!

What flaw in the driver 1/4 do you refer to? It must be one of those that only the owner can see?

Have fun at SEMA, say hi to Frank for me, and then kick his arse outta there so he can get back to Orlando. Wilma killed my electricity, and FPL says they propose a restoration date of.....are you ready....11/22/2005!! I may move to Orlando for a few weeks and await his return home!! I hope we can get all our cars together for some friendly competition and a SWEEEeett photo shoot! Who's gonna be in charge of the topless models to shoot with the cars! I can bring the beer for the after party!

colt zantop
10-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Bill, the car looks awesome! cant wait to see more pics after sema of the interior, etc.

4MuscleMachines
10-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Jaw dropping car Bill, we understand your sentiments, they kinda come out that way under tremendous stress and deadlines. Enjoy yourself at SEMA. :smoke:

Todds69
10-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Freakin' Wicked!!

TRILOGYZ28
10-28-2005, 09:37 PM
just absolutely SICK !
WOW..bill.......WOW! :drool: :drool:

who ever has anything negative to say about it is just plain.... :screwy:

Bill Howell
10-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I have been on the road for two full days now, and we are in Flagstaff, Az tonight. All is well and we should be in Vegas by noon tommorrow. Hopefully the people that think pictures are bad will see from this thread that at least some of us like um :icon996:
I will get some more up shortly, maybe even some while we are waiting in line to get into the show Sunday.
Thanks again!!!!!

Damn True
10-29-2005, 01:30 AM
You are at SEMA, you have a camera, you have a laptop in your hotel room.

Your mission, should you chose to accept it is to shoot photos of the most bitchin PT/G-machine/streetfighter/whatever rides at SEMA and post them up for us to drool over.

BMF Machine
10-29-2005, 02:03 AM
:smoke: Damn True!, I got ya covered as well!I am taking laptop and camera to SEMA, If Bill and Frank wait too long, I will have to snake them with some pics!

Kevin

ProdigyCustoms
10-29-2005, 03:29 AM
Screw any negative coments you hear from anyone.
I could care less about the bad apples on this or any other site. Call me a leg humper or whatever you want when your bored with nothing to do but...
Bill,
THAT IS THE BADDEST GTO I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!! Not enough words to explain how amazing that car looks and the 2 tone is friggin awesome. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: I would easily say you have a GTO that looks nothing like any other GTO out there. Be damn proud! Also props to Prodigy customs for all the hard work too.
:firefire: :drool: :drool: :seizure: :seizure: :attn:

Now who the hell on this site could say anything negative? And where have I heard this leg humper thing before?

Kevin, I am on the road with my new satilite broadband, so you will have to be fast to beat me.

As for the GTO, I ain't saying a word, some might think I am blowing my own horn.

Oh screw them! I'll just use them for toliet paper. That GTO is the baddest GTO ever!

formula
10-29-2005, 06:01 AM
now before i post, i should let you know this: I have never liked gtos. Sure, they're powerful and mean and make nice growly noises, but I've just never been a fan of them for some reason.

that being said...

1) that is the most effing bad ass GTO in the history of mankind, and I am absolutely in love with it.

2) I am very upset that you decided against the ostrich skin top and matching mirror treatment. They did look better with the gold spoke wheels and green interior, though, so I guess the switch is understandable.

3) I know that every artist sees nothing but imperfection when they look at their work, but I promise you, despite the ideas you wanted to implement and couldnt and all of the scratches and scuffs and other niggling issues, that car is an absolute work of art.

F70t/a
10-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I have been on the road for two full days now, and we are in Flagstaff, Az tonight. All is well and we should be in Vegas by noon tommorrow. Hopefully the people that think pictures are bad will see from this thread that at least some of us like um :icon996:
I will get some more up shortly, maybe even some while we are waiting in line to get into the show Sunday.
Thanks again!!!!!

I always make my stop at flagstaff when i go to texas to visit friends and the inlaws. Anyways flagstaff is a great way to start the trip again. Gotte love the trees :worship:

BMF Machine
10-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Now who the hell on this site could say anything negative? And where have I heard this leg humper thing before?

Kevin, I am on the road with my new satilite broadband, so you will have to be fast to beat me.

As for the GTO, I ain't saying a word, some might think I am blowing my own horn.

Oh screw them! I'll just use them for toliet paper. That GTO is the baddest GTO ever!

:woot: Does this mean you can ruin it for me AND SEND SOME PICTURES NOW!!!!! The wait is KILLING ME!:seizure:

I have got to see the FRONT END, with the HOOD UP on Prodigy!

Also send me a picture of Bills Front Fenders!:nopity:
Have you no pitty on me?
:Alchy: You two are going to drive me back to the BOTTLE!

See ya Tues, :smoke:
Kevin

beyonda68
10-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Nice! I passed that intro of yours after "Somehow, some think that is bad, bragging or whatever." Man, I love pics. Any pics, rusted buckets, shine butterflies, I just love to see what people in here are doing. The car looks great and it is great to look at. Thanks for sharing the pics.

SatisTraction
10-29-2005, 04:50 PM
that car has come a long ways!! looks great

Bill Howell
10-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Update:
Got to Brian's(baz67) house around lunch time, cleaned up the car some, then went to Tyler's shop. Had a body guy next door buff the spot out, so all is cool with that. Then we put the ride up on Tyler's rack and did a couple minor fine tuning things. Then Brian, his daughter, and I took a buddy of mine to his hotel on the strip. That's right, we drove the GTO down the strip. How cool, lot of looks and whisles. No temp issues or anything else for that matter. I am looking forward now to next weekend. I will make a mile or two in it after the show. Of course, plenty of pictures, but I do not know how to download them, so I will have to get someone to do it. I will post them, no latter than Monday night, that is when Melinda will be here.

dropit69
10-29-2005, 06:15 PM
bill you got to get a pic of that car on the strip at night with all the neon and lights glowing ...that would make for an awesome poster...cars and vegas ..doesnt get any better!!!!

parsonsj
10-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Love the story about the ride down the strip. That's awesome.

jp

Nine Ball
10-30-2005, 05:36 AM
You guys crack me up. I'm glad we have some cool and funny members here.

Still my favorite GTO! I like the "Billygoat" name too, its easily remembered.

Tony

BMF Machine
10-30-2005, 06:33 AM
:banghead: Monday Night; I will be in Vegas!!

USAZR1
10-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Man,I like GTO's and yours is an awesome ride,Bill.
I'm seriously green with envy. :worship:

Damn True
10-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Just a hint guys. The Champagne rooms at Cheetahs.....total rip-off.

baz67
10-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Here are a few pics I took of Bill on the strip. The other one is my daughter so keep it clean. It is just to show we were at on the strip. The pics do not do this car justice.

dropit69
10-31-2005, 08:44 AM
thanks baz67...i see your a calvin and hobbes fan..send me your email address ill send you a killer calvin and hobbes cartoon strip..

LowBuckX
10-31-2005, 11:44 PM
Bill I love the ride But I don't know how me saying Im not a fan of verts in anyway meant I hated your car?
We discussed it in length and I though it was straight. Have you changed your mind and me not liking verts IS an issue or what.

Bill Howell
11-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Bill I love the ride But I don't know how me saying Im not a fan of verts in anyway meant I hated your car?
We discussed it in length and I though it was straight. Have you changed your mind and me not liking verts IS an issue or what.

Dude, I did not know you and I had an issue? I respect people that step up and say they don't like something and why. No problem here, no issue with you. My problem was with the complaining with pictures and how the site has changed. I feel it has changed in a positive way, others thing it should be a "TECH ONLY" site. I feel there is room for everyone. I don't rag on the tech guys, and I would hope they would find room in this big ole world for us posers! Hopefully some will see this week that my car does have the right stuff, it just leans toward the streetrod look. Why? cause that is what ME likes.... :cheers: The vert thing goes back a long way with me, again, cause Me likes them. I understand this will really effect track days, but I built a Protouring car not a track car.
You know who I was referring to, and he will be here this week. Hopefully with some one on one time, we can both see each others point of view. :cheers:

BTW, I love the apple avator. :lmao:

yody
11-01-2005, 08:29 AM
Taking the chance of ruffling some feathers, I am going to take the chance to undo some complications. Yes I was one of the people to "complain" about pictures and stuff. HOWEVER Bill, this is a good post. No one wants as you say a "tech only" forum. It needs a good balance. That was my point. I have always wanted to see pics of your car, and can't wait to see it at SEMA. It was that the site is/was out of balance. It seemed like it was getting overwhelmed with posts in all of the forums of just pictures of cars or advertisements, or parts, renderings and just plain no tech, all showoff. Absolutely nothing wrong with posting a project update with pictures of your car in the project updates forum. In fact I reguarly check this forum because I LIKE seeing updates!!! I think you got the signals mixed up. I think when I said I was tired of people who ONLY come to this site to show off their car you thought I was referring to you which I definetly WAS NOT. If you really want to know the truth, to be honest the "hype game" you were playing IMO was personally getting old, I just wanted to see a post with good pics of your car, not "spy shots" it felt like you were baiting me trying to get more attention than it was worth. Trust me, the car IS worth plenty of Attention!!! no need for the secrets!!
It goes even deeper than this(NOT THE PART ABOUT YOU) and you know how i feel about the entire way things are going. I think you took it a little personal when in fact it wasn't even about you.

There is no need for anyone to jump in on the thread about what I have just said. I think some people were mislead and weren't sure what Billl was talking about, and I wanted to explain it. A lot of you newer guys probably don't know what I am talking about because you don't remember how the board used to be. Lets leave the thread about the GTO, hopefully Bill will see that there is no need to feel attacked and continue to post pics of his awesome GTO "streetrod" :smoke: ..........J/K!! Protouring GTO!

EDIT!!!! THAT AVATAR IS PRICELSS!!!

LowBuckX
11-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Well said. I hope all is clear with us now.

I had to find a rotten apple for the avatar after the comments... lol

Hope to see you in Chat After SEMA Bill.

Bill Howell
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
LOL, I hope this thread shows everyone how things typed can get misinterpreted in this type communication. For any misinterpretation on my part, I apolize.
BTW Cody, my car is a protouringmusclerod.Or in other words, I know I am the Poser, LOL

MrQuick
11-01-2005, 08:23 PM
man you guys are confusing... Cody, make up you freaking mind! see picture please...

dropit69
11-02-2005, 07:48 AM
well im gonna step out and say i like converts to bill ..soon to have a 3rd in my stable..cant say why.. i just like em..and really really like your gto bill !!..thanks ..salute

Steve1968LS2
11-02-2005, 09:12 AM
man you guys are confusing... Cody, make up you freaking mind! see picture please...

lol.. yea, it does get confusing what the real feelings on the matter is..

Oh, heading to Vegas right about.. NOW..

See ya!

tndude
11-03-2005, 06:37 AM
Bill, I love it. Great job! I've always loved goats. :)

DarkBuddha
11-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Very nice... congratulations on finishing it. What's next? ;)

ACEFOOTER
11-03-2005, 06:42 PM
I luv the color, luv the stance, can't wait to see more of the rest of the car. The best thing for me was the Cruise down the strip BEFORE the car went into SEMA. I know all the chiropractors in Vegas are thanking Bill for all the new business they have from all those snapping necks as BillyGoat Toured by. Have a great time at the show!

71FirebirdLS1
11-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Congrats on finishing your car! Looks killer. Nice to see a Pontiac get the royal treatment.