PDA

View Full Version : Replacement steel

bergers59
09-20-2015, 06:50 AM
I know this is a real long shot, but are there any reproduction steel companies that stamp their steel in the US for camaros? I was leaning towards AMD, but it kind of upsets me that their made in china, especially considering how much is going to be replaced on the car.

Schwartz Performance
09-20-2015, 07:02 AM
Not that I know of. They're all made in Taiwan

-Dale

CampbellshotrodsAZ
09-20-2015, 09:40 AM
Yes, they are stamped in Taiwan as Dale said. I was this on an episode of Detroit Muscle a few weeks ago, and was a bit disappointed by it. But they're the leader in sheetmetal, so hopefully their parts are stamped to a higher level.

bergers59
09-21-2015, 12:00 PM
I wasn't too concerned about fit since most people I have talked to haven't had too many problems. I suppose it's a fact I will have to live with.

daredvl22
09-21-2015, 05:37 PM
I felt the same way, but I recently bought a panel from AMD. They are local to me, so I figured worst case I could return it pretty easily. I was pleasantly surprised with the fit, finish, gauge of the metal, etc. I would, and plan on buying from them again. When I bought the door shell, the guy I spoke with told me that if I wasn't happy with it for any reason, they'd gladly take it back, no questions.

On a side note, their warehouse was impressive at 106,00 sq. ft. It seems to be a well run operation that cares about delivering quality parts.