PDA

View Full Version : Sema

68EFIvert
09-15-2015, 12:40 PM
I went to SEMA last year for the first time and loved it. While I was there I took advantage of the opportunity to attend the Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car Finals. Talk about a good time! Well I signed up for SEMA this year and was accepted right away. I purchased my airline ticket, reserved a room, car and paid for the Ron Sutton workshop on Thursday. Well today I found out that they pulled my approval and I can't attend the show. I still plan on going since everything else is already paid for but I was wondering if someone has an extra badge for SEMA that they won't be using or if you plan on leaving mid-week and allow me to use it the last day or two. I arrive on Wednesday.

If you can help me out I would appreciate it. PM if you would like to keep this private. Sorry to even ask but I already have a lot invested in going there and am basically too far into this to not go.

Darreld

Bonehead
09-21-2015, 05:26 PM
SEMA has tightened up who they let into the show and that's a good thing. Its a trade show, not a consumer event. Its already chaotic enough as it is and thankfully SEMA has cleaned it up some. I will tell you if they find out that badges are being shared, sold, whatever, whoever acquired them will lose access to the show. Usually not for the year but permanently.

68EFIvert
09-21-2015, 07:56 PM
Thanks for your input and I can understand why they did it. The frustrating part for me is that I provided services that support quite a few small to medium size businesses that participate in SEMA. I used the opportunity last year to see them in person and provide reviews. I also use the time to network. The show was a side benefit that was fantastic to attend for the limited time I could walk through.

As I mentioned earlier I am going there no matter what but will have to readjust my meeting with clients to evenings if possible. I would rather meet with them during the show though.

Bonehead
09-21-2015, 08:34 PM
Still a few things the general public can do. There are all the outside cars and a few event trailers/events. Plus there is the SEMA Ignited event on Friday night. That was a big hit last year and it looks like they will be doing it for quite a few more years.

Bonehead
09-21-2015, 08:36 PM
I'd caution against it, but I kid you not....a few days before the show starts, people sell credentials on the Las Vegas craigslist. Its another one of those if you get caught theres hell to pay for whoever's name is on that pass. Plus if you get recognized with someone elses name. lol

BMR Sales
09-22-2015, 05:58 AM
Thanks for your input and I can understand why they did it. The frustrating part for me is that I provided services that support quite a few small to medium size businesses that participate in SEMA. I used the opportunity last year to see them in person and provide reviews. I also use the time to network. The show was a side benefit that was fantastic to attend for the limited time I could walk through.

As I mentioned earlier I am going there no matter what but will have to readjust my meeting with clients to evenings if possible. I would rather meet with them during the show though.

If you supply Businesses that participate, try to get a Pass from them

TheJDMan
09-22-2015, 03:56 PM
SEMA is a trade show I get that. So if I have a shop that sells and/or installs aftermarket equipment I should be able to become a SEMA member is that correct?

Bonehead
09-22-2015, 07:15 PM
SEMA is a trade show I get that. So if I have a shop that sells and/or installs aftermarket equipment I should be able to become a SEMA member is that correct?

If you're an automotive shop? Repair, accessories, body, whatever? Yes. There are quick oil change places that attend every year. One the chain outlets that install no aftermarket product. It just has to be automotive related work. Though the qualifying paperwork has changed. Not long ago you could produce just a business card and get into the trade show. Now it goes much deeper like proving the folks you're looking for credentials are actually employed by the entity requesting credentials. You don't have to be a SEMA member to attend the show, but it does make it a bit easier. If you look at the SEMA.org website, you'll find the necessary information you have to provide to attend.

71RS/SS396
09-23-2015, 01:45 AM
I went to SEMA last year for the first time and loved it. While I was there I took advantage of the opportunity to attend the Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car Finals. Talk about a good time! Well I signed up for SEMA this year and was accepted right away. I purchased my airline ticket, reserved a room, car and paid for the Ron Sutton workshop on Thursday. Well today I found out that they pulled my approval and I can't attend the show. I still plan on going since everything else is already paid for but I was wondering if someone has an extra badge for SEMA that they won't be using or if you plan on leaving mid-week and allow me to use it the last day or two. I arrive on Wednesday.

If you can help me out I would appreciate it. PM if you would like to keep this private. Sorry to even ask but I already have a lot invested in going there and am basically too far into this to not go.

Darreld

You should be able to register as a buyer if you own or work for an automotive related business.