PDA

View Full Version : AMD body panels Camaro

badazz81z28
09-14-2015, 06:44 PM
any experience with the PT crowed? I need a 70 std header panel, which having a hard time finding a clean one that doesn't need work or some serious blasting. Any feel AMD really fits/looks like OEM to include metal thickness?

daredvl22
09-15-2015, 03:42 AM
Drove over to AMD on Friday and picked up a passenger side door shell ('67 Camaro). I was absolutely impressed with the fit and finish. Already installed and almost 100% set in place with proper gaps. I really did not expect it to fit as good as it did. Overall, very pleased. Not sure about other panels, but that's my recent experience.

JHunter
09-18-2015, 03:28 AM
Similar comments as Dave, I've been to their office and picked up both fenders and header for my 68 Camaro. I've had original (bad shape obviously) and the car came with some other remanufactured fenders, AMD was similar in panel thickness as the OEM panels and much more accurate and crisp than the other aftermarket panels. Highly recommend AMD.

Twinstang
10-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Where's the best place to buy AMD panels from ?

badazz81z28
10-08-2015, 06:04 AM
Where's the best place to buy AMD panels from ?

JEGS with their racer discounts.

BTW, I ended up buying their header panel...Disappointed...not recommended. I'm not sure if more care and precision is taken with MOPARs because seems they rave for AMD. But AMD is just like the rest when it comes to Camaro panels...

Twinstang
10-08-2015, 05:54 PM
JEGS with their racer discounts.

BTW, I ended up buying their header panel...Disappointed...not recommended. I'm not sure if more care and precision is taken with MOPARs because seems they rave for AMD. But AMD is just like the rest when it comes to Camaro panels...
Wow that's to bad I thought they had the best fitment going for the camaro.
Thanks for the info by the way.

badazz81z28
10-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Wow that's to bad I thought they had the best fitment going for the camaro.
Thanks for the info by the way.

That may be the case compared to other brands. If AMD could have got the dimension right on to oem, the hood latch clearance could easily be taken care of.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297582