PDA

View Full Version : 06 silverado, rear suspension 4 link vs 3 link

blksilvrnado
08-30-2015, 09:09 AM
I have 2006 silverado and been doing a lot of research reading articals and talking to people about and 4 link and 3 link set up's. makes my brain hurt. so I figured I'd ask on pro touring to see what you guys think. a lot the articals say 3 link is best for the truck which I agree for many reasons. trying find a company like ridetech that offers a 3 link, is quite deprsseing. the articals I have read on 4 link is the not best suspension for autocross. however ridetech 4 links have been advertised on many protouring trucks in general, which makes very intrested in the theory of that 4 link. like to know your guys thoughts on that.

Steve-O-08
08-30-2015, 11:42 AM
As with everything there are pro's and con's to both types. Many trucks have had good luck with 4 link setups. I plan on doing a 4 link on my truck. Regardless of whichever configuration you go with adjustability is key. Every vehicle is different so being able to fine-tune ride height, links and sway bars will help make the most out of that particular setup.

blksilvrnado
08-30-2015, 12:18 PM
trust me I'm ready to invest in ridetechs 4 link set up minus the bags but still need convincing, that a 4 link is better then a 3 link for autocross.